Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I do agree though, I have no idea why they've taken such an over simplified, backwards step with the driving - it was one of the few things IV actually did well!

It's obvious why they did it - it's because - rightly or wrongly - the vast majority of players did not like the driving in IV. It was a consistent and regular complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm finding controlling the helicopter a bit challenging in the flight school.
    I'm a bit all over the place. Planes are easy but for some reason I cant get my head around it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I'm a bit all over the place. Planes are easy but for some reason I cant get my head around it yet.

I found controlling it in general not to be too bad but difficult going for gold. Got it in both heli courses though.

Just keep at it, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Came across a gunfight between the cops and a few people robbing a petrol station, being Trevor I shot everyone, collected the loot, 10 grand in profit and got to my safehouse ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Just seen a really weird random event.

An old guy, about 60-70 years old was fully naked and trying to rape this girl, shot him and his accomplice but she accidentally got caught in the crossfire. Kinda disturbing really,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Oh yeah I was driving past a church when a bride ran out saying she doesn't wanna get married, I was riding a bike but she got all snooty saying she wasn't getting in that, knocked her the **** out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Found a weird glitch, stole an infernus as michael and added 100k worth of mods, then got out and switched to trevor....got a text saying trevor's infernus was impounded!
    I spent a fortune modding a car as Michael. Drove out of LS Customs, 2 seconds later I get a phone call from Lester to meet up with him. Got auto switched to Franklin on his way to the same place. I get there and Michael is already there in another sh*tty car. Never even got to drive it anywhere, it's just gone :(

I spent a fortune modding a car as Michael. Drove out of LS Customs, 2 seconds later I get a phone call from Lester to meet up with him. Got auto switched to Franklin on his way to the same place. I get there and Michael is already there in another sh*tty car. Never even got to drive it anywhere, it's just gone :(

Yep I later lost the car too...not even in the impound! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I keep accidentally killing the random people looking for help. Met some woman looking for a lift, she had been in a car crash. I was using the view from inside the car at the time. Thought she was already in the car, reversed, turns out she wasn't :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Does anybody else find push bikes a little bit meh in this game? Loved them in SA, but they seem very boring this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Does anybody else find push bikes a little bit meh in this game? Loved them in SA, but they seem very boring this time around.

They're good up in the mountain and woodland areas, head over to where the cable car is on Mt Chiliad there's a few bike there, zipping around the coast roads is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I wish I hadn't treated Trevor to that garage, that's exactly the cash I'm short for the
    airfield
    now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I wish I hadn't treated Trevor to that garage, that's exactly the cash I'm short for the
    airfield

Have a look at your map for a sec and look just north of Grapeseed. Just slightly north west of the the symbol for Highway 1, there's a road on the left coming out of Grapeseed leading a small bit up into Mt. Chilliad. There's a random event up there that gives you up to 100K. Bring armour though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

It had nothing to do with learning how to control them. They just felt like shit, weren't fun to drive, and handled nothing like actual cars.

And that is the exact same thing I will say about V. At least the cars in IV had mass and inertia and couldn't spin 180 in a few feet, couldn't magically be rolled off their roofs by tapping the stick, nor were they practically indestructible.

My take on it is surely there's a middle ground between the two games R* could have gone with, instead of going from one extreme to the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Yep, because the handling is ****e across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Have a look at your map for a sec and look just north of Grapeseed. Just slightly north west of the the symbol for Highway 1, there's a road on the left coming out of Grapeseed leading a small bit up into Mt. Chilliad. There's a random event up there that gives you up to 100K. Bring armour though ;)

Ha, much obliged, I'll have a look.

Quick, sort of related Q - I accidentally killed a woman who was crawling out of an upturned car - was trying to help her! :( - will I ever get another shot at an incidental event like that one or have I blown it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I was having some fun with the pickup truck when a woman tried to steal the car attached to it. :D
    The car was bouncing around as she was trying to get free. She didn't give up so I made her stop. Sadly... I had to get rid of the cops after. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Anyone towed a parked cop car yet?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Proco Jr. wrote: »

The choppers are very wobbly, even with Trevor and 100/100 flying skill. Somethings seriously not right with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Any way to sell stolen cars on this?

• Advertisement

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any way to sell stolen cars on this?

If only!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Last night as Trevor I went on the beer with Lamar and got kicked out of the strip club. Random enough combination to be out on the town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The Paleto heist
    ...just incredible! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

5uspect wrote: »
    The choppers are very wobbly, even with Trevor and 100/100 flying skill. Somethings seriously not right with them.

No offense meant but their fine for me and anyone I've talked to, keep practicing!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I can fly them fine, but it is a bit awkward. Pitch and roll should not be on the same analogue stick, which is the problem in my opinion. Silly design decision, but I think they did it because they wanted to keep it so that the right stick is always free look.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Oh my fu*king god! Random encounter near Franklin's aunt's house
    Packie! Packie's in the game! They even mention Three Leaf Clover!
    Unfortunately, I got shot in the head by the cops while escaping so didn't see how it ended up. Someone please tell me these random events will reoccur if you fail?

In other news, I totally gamed a mission earlier on. Was escaping from the cops with Franklin, Lamar and Stretch. I ditched the car and ran to the edge of the highway we were on, jumped over the side and hid in between some storage containers. The cops were in a full blown shootout with Lamar and Stretch up on the road, but couldn't see me. Eventually they "lost" us and just hopped in their cars and went off. :pac:

I'm getting more used to the driving, but I still dislike it, the cars just don't feel like they have any weight to them. The slightest tip off another car sends me into a 360 degree spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Oh my fu*king god! Random encounter near Franklin's aunt's house
    Packie! Packie's in the game! They even mention Three Leaf Clover!
    Unfortunately, I got shot in the head by the cops while escaping so didn't see how it ended up. Someone please tell me these random events will reoccur if you fail?

In other news, I totally gamed a mission earlier on. Was escaping from the cops with Franklin, Lamar and Stretch. I ditched the car and ran to the edge of the highway we were on, jumped over the side and hid in between some storage containers. The cops were in a full blown shootout with Lamar and Stretch up on the road, but couldn't see me. Eventually they "lost" us and just hopped in their cars and went off. :pac:

I'm getting more used to the driving, but I still dislike it, the cars just don't feel like they have any weight to them. The slightest tip off another car sends me into a 360 degree spin.

Yes, the events are available again if you fail them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah they rock from side to side a bit but I think they're pretty good to handle. Haven't had any trouble myself and I thought the flight school helped a lot, just by virtue of flying so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

airfield

how did you get this garage i need to get it so i can collect my tank

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

Anyway to get into the airport with getting a wanted star?

Advertisement