Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The hospital can't claim back from your stock can they?

Just wondering, for any new players struggling a bit, that could be a good tip, to chuck all their money into stocks so if they're killed it's safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Anyone see Trev
    crying while returning Martin Madrazo's wife to his farm
    ?

While this was playing on the radio :D

I think he could be one of my all time favourite characters out of any movie/game, the chap is brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Love Trevor :D

At one point the game switched me from Michael to Trevor, who was waking up drunk in just his underpants on a secluded beach surrounded by 4 dead bodies and a running speedboat........ use speedboat to get back to the mainland, running towards nearest road I get attacked by a mountain lion..... managed to fend it of eventually.

An other time again switched to Trevor, wakes up drunk in the muck being licked by a cow...... steal nearest car then get the "flash" becasue someone is in trouble, get out to go over and help what looks like a broken down car, man jumps from bushes and tazers me.... out cold, wake up the railway tracks, car and clothes gone, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Love Lester :D

At one point the game switched me from Michael to Lester, who was waking up drunk on a secluded beach surrounded by 4 dead bodies and a running speedboat........ use speedboat to get back to the mainland, running towards nearest road I get attacked by a mountain lion.....

If you love him so much you might want to learn his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    If you love him so much you might want to learn his name.
    Its late, leave me alone.........fixed :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Managed to go 45 minutes wanted with 39:50 of that at five stars, and got away alive (podcast ended so I ran) after finding the perfect place to both defend and retreat from.

If I can manage to get all three people together then I'd say the 3minutes at 3 stars won't be much of a problem, what's the easiest way to get all together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Varik wrote: »
    Managed to go 45 minutes wanted with 39:50 of that at five stars, and got away alive (podcast ended so I ran) after finding the perfect place to both defend and retreat from.

If I can manage to get all three people together then I'd say the 3minutes at 3 stars won't be much of a problem, what's the easiest way to get all together.

Have you tried ringing them both to hang out? and then collecting them seperately... could take on an armored van or rob a liquor store together if it works!

Also in case anyone was wondering, when you buy the helipad and a chopper it respawns back in the helipad even if you die/crash/get arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Also in case anyone was wondering, when you buy the helipad and a chopper it respawns back in the helipad even if you die/crash/get arrested.

Just on that... If you buy the airport hanger, don't waste your money on a plane, just take one from up the runway. There's a Lexor and Shamal just sitting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

241dccba51432928671765eb988f688f.png

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just on that... If you buy the airport hanger, don't waste your money on a plane, just take one from up the runway. There's a Lexor and Shamal just sitting there.

Mildly related - If I buy a helipad/ hangar etc, do all my characters have use of it, or just that particular one?

• Advertisement

Mildly related - If I buy a helipad/ hangar etc, do all my characters have use of it, or just that particular one?

Just the one. Both Franklin and Michael can buy hangers ($1.3M a piece) and helipads (approx $460K), Trevor already owns the Sandy Shores airfield with its own hanger and helipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Trevor is just hilarious - that bit after the sandy shores heist
    where he is eating the stuff from the fridge and after the lads leave, starts puking - I actually laughed out loud!

Also another incident when I switched to Trevor he was puking into a fountain and says "better out than in" :D

Does anybody else find it funny that the most violently mental character even for a GTA game is Canadian?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

anyone do the skyrim mission in it,i think they are taking the piss out of skyrim with one of franklin freak missions.Anyone else do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

so the Paleto Heist, my god that was fun. Can see myself replaying that a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Is there an easier/quicker way to do the mission where you have to destroy the Lenny Avery for sale signs?
    It's a bit tedious having to go on your phone, use the search engine, go to website - property - mark location...
    2 or 3 wouldn't be so bad but 15???

I'm almost certain I have gone on the Internet on the phone and it opened on the last page I viewed earlier. That doesn't seem to happen here. At least that would be some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just finished the storyline missions there. Have a few Strangers and Freaks to do and do the hobby missions. Does anyone know is it possible to plan heists after you've completed the game and form a crew for it. In single player mode, not on ONLINE

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Does anyone know is it possible to plan heists after you've completed the game and form a crew for it. In single player mode, not on ONLINE

Sadly no, but I can see/hope they bring out some heists by way of DLC. They're by far the best missions in the game, so I'll hoover them up if they go that route, and I'd doubt I'd be the only one.

Sadly no, but I can see/hope they bring out some heists by way of DLC. They're by far the best missions in the game, so I'll hoover them up if they go that route, and I'd doubt I'd be the only one.

Damn. I was kinda looking for another way to earn money other than stocks or doing Trevor's smuggling jobs.

What's a good payday for Franklin outside the heists and nicking cars for Devlin? I keep meeting that paparazzi guy but I hope I get to knock him out once his missions are done :pac:

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    What's a good payday for Franklin outside the heists and nicking cars for Devlin? I keep meeting that paparazzi guy but I hope I get to knock him out once his missions are done :pac:

The best payday for any character is probably the drug farm just north of Grapeseed. There's a small dusty road leading out to Mt. Chilliad on the north east side of the town. If you look at your map, its just to the left of the Highway 1 sign. It's a random event, and pops up on the map as a marijuana leaf if it becomes available. If not, drive down the highway and come back.

Can give you from 40-100K per week.

The best payday for any character is probably the drug farm just north of Grapeseed. There's a small dusty road leading out to Mt. Chilliad on the north east side of the town. If you look at your map, its just to the left of the Highway 1 sign. It's a random event, and pops up on the map as a marijuana leaf if it becomes available. If not, drive down the highway and come back.

Can give you from 40-100K per week.

Good stuff, I have ok cash as Michael and Trevor, over a mil each, havent gotten into the property buying just yet, I want a cinema for Michael though.

Anyone who's finished it, once the main storyline is done can you still do all the side missions? or do you lose some as the story progresses.

krudler wrote: »
    Good stuff, I have ok cash as Michael and Trevor, over a mil each, havent gotten into the property buying just yet, I want a cinema for Michael though.

Anyone who's finished it, once the main storyline is done can you still do all the side missions? or do you lose some as the story progresses.

It depends on what option you choose at the end of the game. I won't reveal it if you haven't gotten that far yet but if you do, just say it.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    It depends on what option you choose at the end of the game. I won't reveal it if you haven't gotten that far yet but if you do, just say it.

Ah ok, am trying to do as many as I can as they're really enjoyable in their own right. Glad there's hardly any "drive out there and get that guy and bring him back" missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭cena

Just on the sub mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

My proudest moment so far is parachuting into the army base, into a hangar and onto the cab of a fighter jet without ever touching the ground. Got out in the jet without barely taking a bullet, lost my 5 stars and stored her nice and safe in Trevors hangar for future use.

Does anyone know if there's a tank in there that I could nick? All I could see were jets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Essien wrote: »
    My proudest moment so far is parachuting into the army base, into a hangar and onto the cab of a fighter jet without ever touching the ground. Got out in the jet without barely taking a bullet, lost my 5 stars and stored her nice and safe in Trevors hangar for future use.

Does anyone know if there's a tank in there that I could nick? All I could see were jets.

Same here! Just did it last night ;)

As for tanks, yep, there's load patrolling the area but I didn't see any parked.
    Though there is an attack buzzard that you can steal too,

did the mission with Trevor after the Paleto heist where you nick the
    train
    . I kept either overshooting the jump or mistiming it resulting in hilarity, burying Trevor headfirst into a deer being the highlight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Took me ages to lose the cops on the gold heist hard enough mission I thought,

Only copped that you can give the finger out the window by having no weapon chosen and pressing L1 or L2 cant remember which one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Coming up near the end now I think, absolutely brilliant game. Don't want the story to end but looking forward to fully getting stuck in to the free roam and seeing what's out there. I'm sure there's some amount of secrets lurking in the ocean floor, it's amazing down there in the sub.

Advertisement