Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DarkJager wrote: »
    Coming up near the end now I think, absolutely brilliant game. Don't want the story to end but looking forward to fully getting stuck in to the free roam and seeing what's out there. I'm sure there's some amount of secrets lurking in the ocean floor, it's amazing down there in the sub.

I couldnt get over how far out you can go in a boat, got one and kept driving staight, was miles out, wonder what happens if you keep going I just got bored and turned back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

krudler wrote: »
    I couldnt get over how far out you can go in a boat, got one and kept driving staight, was miles out, wonder what happens if you keep going I just got bored and turned back

Ya it seems to go for miles! The depths are even better, you think you're on the floor and go over a ridge only to see complete blackness stretching out below. Hate getting the crush depth warning though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

As much as I enjoy this thread, I'm going to have to unfollow until I finish, I think. Not that people are really spoiling but just talking about stuff that I haven't reached yet so in the interest of wanting to be surprised, I bid you adieu. :)

Now to play GTA for 16 hours a day so I can finish it and get back to reading this forum!

DarkJager wrote: »
    Ya it seems to go for miles! The depths are even better, you think you're on the floor and go over a ridge only to see complete blackness stretching out below. Hate getting the crush depth warning though :D

Haven't dont much exploring in the sub yet aside from where it was a mission, was fun though. I haven't even played tennis yet or done a triathalon, I only have 1 mission available with Michael at the mo so might do it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Is this game easier than the previous GTA's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Do the weapon tints make any difference? Apart from the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dave1982 wrote: »

No reckon i have died and or failed more missions in this game than all previous combined.

Now the definition of hard is not super aimbot AI, its me being a complete spa and smashing things into other things head 1st :D

But have been headshotted a lot usually my own fault tho not checking corners walking tru doors without checking.

But its harder by means there are more things to fcuk you up.

dave1982 wrote: »

you can change the aiming so it will snap to targets when you aim or it's free aim. snap targeting is much easier in gunfights, just cover, aim, fire, repeat. Free aim is more rewarding though. I've died more times from stupid random stuff than missions, I faceplanted myself down a hill :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The faceplant move is just brilliant. Press jump and then punch makes you ragdoll faceplant. Been hoppibg trevor into everything.

Just about to do the paleto bay heist, michaels voice actor finest work yet when he was ranting in the lab. Also the hipster conversation wad genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

It seems I can only use the iFruit app when the Americans are in bed...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just about to do the paleto bay heist, michaels voice actor finest work yet when he was ranting in the lab. Also the hipster conversation wad genius!

You are in for an absolute treat man, enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

In the middle of the Derailed mission now after the heist, got train derailed and now in the boat with Micheal - Trevor jumped in but won't sit down? Must be missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

In the middle of the Derailed mission now after the heist, got train derailed and now in the boat with Micheal - Trevor jumped in but won't sit down? Must be missing something?

Press triangle to make him sit down

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Roar wrote: »
    Press triangle to make him sit down

BTW I omitted that I'm playing Xbox version.

Update Just realised should of been hitting Y all along tried everything but *facepalm*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

BTW I omitted that I'm playing Xbox version. thanks

whatever the xbox equivalent of triangle is then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

GTA really does put the console through its paces. It had to shut down due to overheating and I have one of those fans that clip on to the side of it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Without giving away too much, can someone tell me if I have a lot of the game left? I just completed the heist with the bin truck, masks and boiler suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

miralize wrote: »
    GTA really does put the console through its paces. It had to shut down due to overheating and I have one of those fans that clip on to the side of it!

What system have you?? I have had mine turned on since dawn and its still going strong

Without giving away too much, can someone tell me if I have a lot of the game left? I just completed the heist with the bin truck, masks and boiler suits.

only about quarter of the way through the story, loads to come after that. The heists get much bigger ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Trying to get all 3 together but 1 always doesn't want to hang out.

• Advertisement

The faceplant move is just brilliant. Press jump and then punch makes you ragdoll faceplant. Been hoppibg trevor into everything.

Paleto Bay is one of the best setpieces I've played in forever, was grinning like a loon for most of it. It's going to be regarded as "that bit" that everyone remembers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

A question about the 2nd big heist
    Merryweather Heist

You choose either

Ship or Secret offshore heist. I chose the offshore, retrieved the item and
    then had to give it back so made no money.

Does anyone know if you get money doing the ship heist instead?

Also, annoying my camera still isn't uploading photos. Took a class pic and it wouldn't save.

Im trying to do this mission. I have all the prep work
    Got the sub, got the helicopter, have done the flight school with Micheal, have done gun training with Franklin
    . This was yesterday. No sign of the mission starting. Have I missed something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can you not change weapon while driving?
    Chasing a van load of bikers there. Went to shoot out the tyres, f**king stun gun :mad:
    Was only after using it for an illegal immigrant mission seconds before.

Chasing a van load of bikers there. Went to shoot out the tyres, f**king stun gun :mad:

Square on ps3 I think, you can only cycle through one handed weapons so pistols or the smg, or sticky bombs

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Press square and when you have no weapon you can use the middle finger while driving

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Press square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I'm over 40% through the game. So many missions and side missions its hard to decide what to do next... haven't been up the north of the map much at all really, bar the initial Trevor stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cheers. So it's square right? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hate saving the game, that % going up everytime. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Hate saving the game, that % going up everytime. :(

Is that the percentage of story missions complete or overall game progress?
    ....seriously hoping it's not the latter.

Advertisement