Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

also does anybody know where to find the blimp

In the sky... Also on you phone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Is that the percentage of story missions complete or overall game progress?
    ....seriously hoping it's not the latter.

Overall game,I just done all the missions and cleared it on 64 percent or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SRFC wrote: »
    Overall game,I just done all the missions and cleared it on 64 percent or so.

I think the last few percent will take a bit longer to complete in terms of all the collectibles, stunt jumps, flying under bridges etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

anyone going for platinum?

Getting gold on every mission is really putting me off, but will probably revisit them again at a later stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭squirrelohara

Here's a brilliant spoiler. I just knocked over my xbox and broke gta :(:(:(:(
    I loved the game but not a chance I'm paying another €60.

Sickened :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just completed the storyline, loved it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was in a strip club with franklin and got thrown out for gropping one of the girls lol :D so I got thrown out and then hit your man at the door and went into the club and knocked out 3 lads and then started shooting the place up and then the cops came and I started shooting them up,it got too 4 stars and then the swat boys came in and took me out :(.

I love this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Collecting the nuclear waste is a long, tedious mission :( Spent an hour on it already and have 13 out of 30 collected so far

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    You can rent one out of Xtra Vision or somewhere and install the game onto your hard drive and you don't need a perfect conditioned game to work so you can use your broken disc as you need one for Xbox's activation or something like that.

Brilliant. I'd say that will work as it does recognize the game itself.
    No doubt it will take weeks to find a copy to rent!

Is it a visible circular burn, yeah?

Yup. Read up and I think the laser did it. The xbox was upside down for a few seconds.

The noise was worse than a crying puppy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Yup. Read up and I think the laser did it. The xbox was upside down for a few seconds.

The noise was worse than a crying puppy!

Hummm. Well, you could try having the disc polished somewhere. To be honest, that's not usually effective for dealing with laser burn depending on how severe it is, but it might make it a little less visually apparent.

I'm not sure where is left that still offers that service though, tbh.

Hummm. Well, you could try having the disc polished somewhere. To be honest, that's not usually effective for dealing with laser burn depending on how severe it is, but it might make it a little less visually apparent.

I'm not sure where is left that still offers that service though, tbh.

Ya I've been looking this up and it seems like it's pretty much fcuked when this happens. If I don't get it sorted by next Friday I know I'll just give up. What a waste of money that will be.
    Time was being wasted as well but that was the whole point of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Damm the cops are tough after the
    UD Heist

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Several posts deleted due to highly suspect discussion about possible illegal actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Only realised there's a subway now, have the game nearly a week lol can't rob the train though boo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just did the first heist...

I WANT MOAR! MOAR HEISTS! ALL THE HEISTS!

Honestly, planning the job,
    getting the pest control van and the gas (went the stealthy route) cleaning out the shop of all it's stuff, escaping on the bikes, using the truck to ram cops into the river.
    So much fun! I'm tempted to replay it again and go in guns blazing and see how it's different. I also love how your crew choices seem to matter. I chose
    the cheapest gunman and a cheap driver. The gunman was in the store with me and he kept dropping jewelry, then he died in a horrific motorcycle accident. My driver got lost and we had to stop midway through the escape so he could get his bearings, and they hinted that a better driver would have chosen better bikes.

:D

But, now I'm playing as Trevor... And it's a bit... meh. I think I've taken an instant dislike for him in his early missions. He just comes across as a bit of a c*nt. Especially
    killing Johnny (I did like that Johnny was in the game, and his death felt like they were really saying "GTAIV is over bitches!", and his treatment of Wade (even though I did kinda see a shred of decency in him when he was like "Thank you.... Smile!"

I suck at flying though. I'm currently in a mission where I've to follow Ron out to sea. I keep either crashing or failing because I go too far away from Ron when I try to avoid crashing into a mountain... Planes, my arch-nemesis... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Jamez735 wrote: »
    anyone going for platinum?

Getting gold on every mission is really putting me off, but will probably revisit them again at a later stage.

Going to try.

Will try and get all the currently available stuff this coming week and then have nothing to do for but play online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    just did the bit where Jimmy gives Michael a
    spiked drink
    Epic scene where he is free falling, I thought it was class.

To quote myself, I'll just leave this link here, the song from the above scene.

https://soundcloud.com/thec90s-1/shine-a-light-flight-facilities-remix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Massive spoiler near end game - **do not read unless you are at least 53/69 complete**
    As much as I've liked Trevor up to this point, him leaving Michael to get kidnapped by Cheng Snrs guys in North Yankton has undone all of that. Kinda hope he gets what's coming to him now by the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

DarkJager wrote: »
    Massive spoiler near end game - **do not read unless you are at least 53/69 complete**
    As much as I've liked Trevor up to this point, him leaving Michael to get kidnapped by Cheng Snrs guys in North Yankton has undone all of that. Kinda hope he gets what's coming to him now by the end.
    In fairnesss Michael left him to rot a decade ago

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    In fairnesss Michael left him to rot a decade ago
    I get the motivation he has for revenge because of Brad being dead and not in prison as he thought, but Michael had explained to him that he had too much to lose by not taking the witness protection deal because of his family. I'm not sure if it's because I've sided with Michael more during the story but Trevor suddenly feels like the end game bad guy to me

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Any one passed Lesters Construction mission?

Iv assasinated the target so many times.
    Sniperd him, Shot down the helicopter, Shot him with an assault rifle and it just wont acknowledge iv done it,

Wont ring lester to comfirm it or anything

Really pissing me off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

D_turbo wrote: »
    Any one passed Lesters Construction mission?

Iv assasinated the target so many times.
    Sniperd him, Shot down the helicopter, Shot him with an assault rifle and it just wont acknowledge iv done it,

Wont ring lester to comfirm it or anything

Really pissing me off

Have you left the area?
    I had great fun parachuting off the top of the building!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Have you left the area?
    I had great fun parachuting off the top of the building!

Yap...it doesnt tell me to leave the area tho, but every one is dead and still notihing
    Yeah everytime i kill him and get no alert i jump off for the sheer fun :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

wtf! i just did the
    mission where Jimmy gives Michael the drink

weirdest thing i have seen in a video game :eek:

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    wtf! i just did the

It was beautiful though wasn't it? :D I seriously love this game, best one I've played in at least 5 years. I don't want it to end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Al_Coholic wrote: »
    wtf! i just did the

Great mission... so soothing too :p

And now you can relive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just did the first heist...

I WANT MOAR! MOAR HEISTS! ALL THE HEISTS!

Honestly, planning the job,
    getting the pest control van and the gas (went the stealthy route) cleaning out the shop of all it's stuff, escaping on the bikes, using the truck to ram cops into the river.
    So much fun! I'm tempted to replay it again and go in guns blazing and see how it's different. I also love how your crew choices seem to matter. I chose
    the cheapest gunman and a cheap driver. The gunman was in the store with me and he kept dropping jewelry, then he died in a horrific motorcycle accident. My driver got lost and we had to stop midway through the escape so he could get his bearings, and they hinted that a better driver would have chosen better bikes.

:D

But, now I'm playing as Trevor... And it's a bit... meh. I think I've taken an instant dislike for him in his early missions. He just comes across as a bit of a c*nt. Especially
    killing Johnny (I did like that Johnny was in the game, and his death felt like they were really saying "GTAIV is over bitches!", and his treatment of Wade (even though I did kinda see a shred of decency in him when he was like "Thank you.... Smile!"

I suck at flying though. I'm currently in a mission where I've to follow Ron out to sea. I keep either crashing or failing because I go too far away from Ron when I try to avoid crashing into a mountain... Planes, my arch-nemesis... :mad:

The heists get better and better. That one was a baby step ;)

Trevor does become somewhat more likeable because of how funny he is later on, I've genuinely burst out laughing a dozen times playing as him purely from his dialogue

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

krudler wrote: »
    The heists get better and better. That one was a baby step ;)

Trevor does become somewhat more likeable because of how funny he is later on, I've genuinely burst out laughing a dozen times playing as him purely from his dialogue

Yeah, I'm trying to reserve judgment of him until he meets up with Michael again. Obviously
    he's a little insane at the moment having just found out he's alive.

I got a massive shock when I went into the Ammu-Nation with him and found out he had $100k in the bank. :eek:
    I was like a kid in a candy store. :pac:

I think I really just need to get past this flying mission... I hate flying missions... :\

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I was just messing around, I was on only 2 stars and I parked behind a flimsy barrier to see if the cops would see me, they just drove right by and my stars went.
    Easier than I thought it was.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Advertisement