Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Cheers for that guys. I was being kinda lazy as it just happened that Franklin was in the area so I tried them with him first. I'll get Trevor to call by.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Also, the collectible items
    letter scraps and spaceship parts
    are gonna be hard to find. Only found one of each so far. Will be a good way to explore San Andreas after completing the story as well.

If you log in to the rockstar social website, you can get see a map with all the items you've found. At the top right of the map, there's a button that shows all the hidden items.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

humanji wrote: »
    If you log in to the rockstar social website, you can get see a map with all the items you've found. At the top right of the map, there's a button that shows all the hidden items.

Handy, I only found part of
    the spaceship
    accidentally as I crashed a bike and flew off it down a hill, was near where I landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

humanji wrote: »

Very handy man! I never went for collectibles in any of the other GTA's but will do with this one.

For anyone else, the map is at the bottom of this link

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Has anyone else been unable to sign in to R* Social Club in-game?

Every time I try to sign in it tells me there's a problem with the network =/

• Advertisement

Has anyone been able to sign in to R* Social Club in-game yet?

I haven't tried to actually sign in in-game but my camera only works about 5% of the time because it can't connect to the social site. Saying that, cehcking my stats on the social site, it has all up to date info on what I have done and things I have collected.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Has anyone else been unable to sign in to R* Social Club in-game?

Every time I try to sign in it tells me there's a problem with the network =/

Network is over-flooded at the moment, sign in is hit and miss at the moment. Sign of things to come for Online me thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I haven't tried to actually sign in in-game but my camera only works about 5% of the time because it can't connect to the social site. Saying that, cehcking my stats on the social site, it has all up to date info on what I have done and things I have collected.

My stats aren't being updated at all on the Social Club site. Not sure what the story is.

edit: Just tried to sign in again and it worked. I usually play in the evenings, so I guess network traffic was the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is it possible to change the character's default vehicle? Michael has his black car, Trevor has his red truck and Franklin has his white car/green bike but I want to change it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is it possible to change the character's default vehicle? Michael has his black car, Trevor has his red truck and Franklin has his white car/green bike but I want to change it.

Unfortunately not. I bought Michael a new car but still uses the same one in missions. Better to just customize what they already have and then get them different cars to use after the story is complete.

• Advertisement

The voice actor of Lamar put this up on GTAForums, fairly class!

Wassup everybody? My name is Slink Johnson, actor/writer/comedian and the
    likeness and voice of Lamar from GTA V. I've been silently watching these forums
    for some time now and I just wanna say thank you to all you guys/girls for your
    interest and support! This is by far the biggest project I've been part of, thus
    far in my career and it is a very, very humbling experience. I've been sitting
    on this secret for 4 years and finally I can reveal it! YAAAAY, MUTHAf*ckAS! As
    a game fan myself, I was excited and anticipating the release of GTA V and
    seeing it, it exceeds my expectation and my wildest dreams! I'm glad to know
    that everyone is enjoying the project! This sh*t is WILD! Again, on behalf of
    myself and my homeboy Solo (Franklin), I just personally thank everybody for
    helping GTA V have one of the biggest launches ever and helping me achieve my
    goals and live my dreams. I love yall muthaf*ckas for that! Keep playing, keep
    dreaming and don't let anyone tell you YOU CAN'T. Getcho money, yall! HA!
    GANGSTA sh*t!!!

Much Love,
    Slink Johnson
    aka
    Lamar
    Davis

instagram.com/slinkybaby
    twitter.com/slinkybaby
    facebook.com/slinkjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Finished :D

Feckin excellent game, great story and game play :)

Bring on GTA 6 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Lamar is probably my favorite character. The conversation between himself and Trevor when driving up the coast had me in stitches. So much so, that I had to lookup a walkthrough video just to listen to it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,168 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Unfortunately not. I bought Michael a new car but still uses the same one in missions. Better to just customize what they already have and then get them different cars to use after the story is complete.

Ah, damn.

Anyone know if it's possible to save outfits? Instead of picking each item of clothing individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Finished :D

Feckin excellent game, great story and game play :)

Bring on GTA 6 :P

You'll be waiting about 6 years :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

J. Marston wrote: »
    Ah, damn.

Anyone know if it's possible to save outfits? Instead of picking each item of clothing individually.

Anything you buy will be in their wardrobes but I dont think you can default them, sometimes Trevor is in his white tshirt/sweatpants combo sometimes he's in a denim jacket when I play

Nope can't assign certain clothes into an outfit, another pity. Got the jacket from Drive last night, no outfit ever needed again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Michael's garage at the house won't open for me anymore.

I'm stuck with a terrible car for him and I want it gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The merryweather
    cargo plane you crash into lake
    anybody know if you can dive to it or what and get some goodies, same question regarding the merryweather
    train that you derail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Varik wrote: »

Can you not enter through the house either?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Varik wrote: »

I find the door to that garage is very finicky. Sometimes it won't open unless you're standing up against it, but it'll then lift Michael up off the ground and close again. So maybe leave and come back on a bike to try and force it to open?

If all else fails, head in through the house with a grenade and blow the car sky f*ckin' higggh! Yeah!!!! (reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A few posts moved to the Spoilers Thread. Please keep discussion on the ending to there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm looking for the 3 Gauntlet cars. Am I seriously expected to find them from those 3 crappy pictures in the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Can Heist's still be done after the game ends? Like drug wars in GTA 4??

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭SamBrugha

I finished the game yesterday, My girlfriend and i were playing it taking turns doing missions and we got it done in about 30 hours. While there's load to explores and tonnes to mess around with i'm a bit disappointed. I expected more from the game and was hope the story would go on for a bit longer, and i hoped there would more to do with the property like in the great Vice City. I absolutely love how you either help random people on the side of the street whether they are being robbed, kidnapped, or murdered and buried. But now i have 75% complete and i feel like i should only be half way. I know this game will have its ballad for the gay guy and biker game like gta 4 and i'm aware online will have alot but as for offline right now im a bit sad.

I give the game a 9 out of 10. The storyline was amazing and i've never been so invested in a story ever! Though nothing is perfect and everything has flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭SamBrugha

I'm looking for the 3 Gauntlet cars. Am I seriously expected to find them from those 3 crappy pictures in the email?

yes! its easy. just look at the maps with the pictures in the email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

SamBrugha wrote: »
    yes! its easy. just look at the maps with the pictures in the email.
    Didn't even notice any maps :confused:
    I'll check it next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Anyone figure out what the "Simeons cars for fast cash" means on the blueprint map is all about. I went down to the docks to find out and there is a garage there that opens up and you can put a car in it but nothing happens.

Considering all other GTA games you could steal cars for coin, it would be strange if they didn't have that in this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

My PS3 has frozen 3 times today while playing the game :( its a super slim so shouldn't have any problems running the game, it was fine until today. Anybody else experiencing problems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Is there any excess heat coming off the PS3 and are the fans still running normally?

Advertisement