Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Its so easy to get sucked in the Taxi stuff. Its nice to drive people around the map and kill the odd one.

The taxi driving missions are class!I only kill passengers though when they try to rob me.:pac: I dropped a passenger off last night and next thing this fella opens up the door and drags me out of the car.I pointed my gun at him but the he then pulls out a gun and starts shooting at me.Then a second fella starts firing at me.It was an ambush!I've had passengers that tried to rob me before but that's the first time that some people came out of nowhere to try and gun me down for the takings from my taxi missions.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

MarkY91 wrote: »
    i found a list of all the things for gold online but its just so annoying having to re-doo all of them..i failed a mission because i died udring it and had to checkpoint..meaning i had to either die or complete it and then re start it...so frustrating..

In fairness, that's why they're gold medals. You can redo any mission from the menu once you've finished it anyway. To be honest, a lot of people complained about a similar system in the last few Assassins Creed games, where it gave you an extra thing to do to get 100% in the mission. It meant people straight away were changing how they wanted to do the mission in order to try and get the 100%. My advice would be to just play through the missions normally without aiming for gold, and then go back and replay missions to go for the gold. You'll have more fun on your playthrough, and you'll be more experienced at the game when you go back to do it the second time round so it should be easier (and you can see what the gold requirements are when selecting to replay a mission so you'll know what you need to do too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

One I thought was very funny was some guy
    used a stun gun on Franklin and the screen went black, and then he woke up in his boxers lying on the train tracks.

That one happened to me with Trevor! Right beside the desert airstrip.

Another random encounter with Trevor that happened earlier outside Paleto Bay,
    I stumbled across two lads with a women tied up, digging a hole to bury her alive. I killed the two of them and gave her a lift back to Vinewood. She goes on to say shes the daughter of a big mafia guy and after I dropped her off I was wired $60k! I was very nearly bringing her to the cult aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Doing the kifflom missions now. Anyone finish them? If so
    Do i really have to walk 5 miles through the ****ing desert?

Yes.
    If your stamina is at maximum, just sprint. It still takes a good few minutes, but running/sprinting counts as walking and will get you done quicker. Once your stamina is maxed out you'll no longer lose health if you sprint for too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

krudler wrote: »
    Lol has anyone done Franklin's strangers and freaks missions out in the desert with
    the dog?
    "what's that boy? there's a guy stuck in a tree?"
    "woof"
    "and he jumped out a ****ing helicopter?"
    "woof"

I lol'ed hard

Burst out laughing at that scene too, hope theres a part 2 somewhere :D Some of Franklins dialogue has been hilarious . When he meets Michael near the start:
    Michael: You should be trying to impress me
    Franklin: Why would I need to impress some slipper wearing mother****er?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If you want hilarity play as Trevor and ring Lamar for a hangout, their dialogue is brilliant.

The voice acting and line delivery is superb throughout, one of the few games I've genuinely burst out laughing dozens of times playing. Even stuff like Trevor chasing the train "choooo choooo!" or him dropping Tricia home "you better fcuking treat her right! or, orr...arrgghhh!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

just finished the last heist, just one final mission to see the ending, but i'll leave that till my brain is fresh tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just repeated a mission and the first time I managed an 80% but missed a really cool part so I redid it, the next time I avoided something and got an 88% but as I've now completed all requirements over both tries it counts as 100%.

Maybe it's not for all missions but it makes it a bit easier if you don't need to do everything on one attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Penn wrote: »
    Yes.
    If your stamina is at maximum, just sprint. It still takes a good few minutes, but running/sprinting counts as walking and will get you done quicker. Once your stamina is maxed out you'll no longer lose health if you sprint for too long.

My other xbox controller has a broken left stick that constantly sticks forward. Iv never been so happy to have it, saved me the tedious effort

krudler wrote: »
    If you want hilarity play as Trevor and ring Lamar for a hangout, their dialogue is brilliant.

The voice acting and line delivery is superb throughout, one of the few games I've genuinely burst out laughing dozens of times playing. Even stuff like Trevor chasing the train "choooo choooo!" or him dropping Tricia home "you better fcuking treat her right! or, orr...arrgghhh!"

Yeah I went to the strip club as Trevor with Lamar once, it was gas altogether. I love playing as Trevor, he's just hilarious! From the cutscenes to missions to even random things he says to pedestrians, the stuff he comes out with is pure gold! I can't remember if I've ever actually laughed out loud playing a game, but I've done it several times with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished Paleto Bay Heist. Epic is a word that comes to mind but what made it even sweeter is is my unlockable crew member
    Packie
    (GTA IV character that you find at a random event)

On the way to the heist, he tells of the
    bank job in Liberty City, his brothers dying and Niko who is probably dead.
    Was brilliant, gonna use him every heist I can.

Sickened about the lousy cut though.

I've heard alot now about how you meet
    Packie
    and can use him in the heists, but I'm a good bit through the story and still haven't seen him. Where do you find him or is it random?

I found him as Franklin. Blue dot appeared and i was 2 guys robbing a laundrymat and needed a getaway driver. Not sure of exact location, gogle might have it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I had 12 missions left in the story and decided to finish it this evening.

4 hours later I had ended up doing just 2.

I spent the whole evening doing side missions.
    Met the bloke with the strong weed :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I found him as Franklin. Blue dot appeared and i was 2 guys robbing a laundrymat and needed a getaway driver. Not sure of exact location, gogle might have it tho.

It was near enough
    Franklin's garage, there's a small strip mall type set up. The guy they're holding up always seemed to be an Asian dude, I wound up repeating the event twice because the first time I shot both of the robbers to save the clerk guy without even waiting for any dialogue.

I'm... not always sure I'm approaching this game as its intended, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sheehy83 wrote: »

They asked and I ran them over, got the 5k they stole and regret it now as I didn't even think it was anything important.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

anyone know why it says "OUT OF STOCK" for certain things on this game?
    for example i want to buy the "Cheetah" car off the mobiles internet in the game
    but it says out of stock? is this due to actual people in the real world buying this, or is this just the game telling me i havnt progressed far enough

theirs quite alot of things out of stock too, some arnt some are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    anyone know why it says "OUT OF STOCK" for certain things on this game?
    for example i want to buy the "Cheetah" car off the mobiles internet in the game
    but it says out of stock? is this due to actual people in the real world buying this, or is this just the game telling me i havnt progressed far enough

theirs quite alot of things out of stock too, some arnt some are
    Probably need to complete a certain %, a bit like unlocking guns

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Varik wrote: »
    They asked and I ran them over, got the 5k they stole and regret it now as I didn't even think it was anything important.

I think it will keep recurring until you get it "right" anyway.

It's worth to do it again as he has the highest gunman stats of any crew members you can pick and takes a lower cut than the highest paid guy.

• Advertisement

What an epic picture!

557847_600245770016449_1149028138_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Bring on GTA Movie :P

Imagine Michael, Franklin and Trevor on the big screen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Bring on GTA Movie :P

Imagine Michael, Franklin and Trevor on the big screen :D

GTA V would make a great script for a movie.

johndoe99 wrote: »
    GTA V would make a great script for a movie.

Yeah it would but would have to be a trilogy or something and R* said they have zero interest in making GTA film. They mentioned working with Hollywood control freaks trying to change your product, I'm guessing they were talking about the Max Payne film.

Also, I want to go for pints with Steven Ogg.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In fairness, a lot of it is stolen from movies anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'd love to see the movie where the main protagonist stops midway through and just drives around listening to the radio for an hour an a half.

Or a movie where they spend thirty minutes trying to pick out a nice shirt in Suburban.

Or a movie where they spend an hour in a strip club trying to get the touchy minigame right...

:pac:

Ill be happy when they release pack so the trio can heist again :P

I know you can meet up for drinks etc and there's lots of side missions bur the game feels as if there something missing when all 3 don't get together anymore!

Hmm....maybe i need to see Michaels shrink :P

Just got pulled out of my car by a tranny and Franklin shot him, her eh whatever!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Just got pulled out of my car by a tranny and Franklin shot him, her eh whatever!

:D

Go look at the signage outside Pitchers bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Behind Lesters factory on the freeway there is a billboard with what appears to be a guy hanging off it(chocolate bar ad), is it just that one or are there more weird ads I've not noticed?:eek:

Advertisement