Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Where did you find the van ha, cant find it :(

It's right beside the hospital that is on the south side of Los Santos. Near enough to Franklin's original house, the one he shares with his aunt. Should be a van just around the corner from when you respawn after dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It's right beside the hospital that is on the south side of Los Santos. Near enough to Franklin's original house he shares with his aunt. Should be a van just around the corner from when you respawn after dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Lately I'm just having fun in the street talking to people.

If they say Hi to me back or are friendly, they may live.

I got to the top of Mount Chilled with Chop, he can ride in the cable car. On that wooden platform thing I thought it would be funny to throw a ball off for him and see if he jumps, but ended up falling myself and sliding down the mountain and dying

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Walk underneath the landing gears and press triangle or whatever it is on the 360.

Yayyy finally <3

I just put 2 747s in the ocean, crushed a Shamal and killed the pilots. They are very heavy and hard to control. I miss San Andreas, they had 3 big airports to fly into and 1 small one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Did ye ever ring the numbers on the notice board of the hill billy bar in Grand Senora Desert?
    Noting too funny but just slightly amusing results.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Playing this game since it came out, my brothers on it now up at some farm with a digger picking up cows with it , sometimes they survive and sometimes die...Michaels shouting 'mmmmm I know what im having for dinner'....Hilarious:D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

DarkJager wrote: »
    I just can't get enough of this game. Between trying to finish the story before next Tuesday, online mode yet to come and everything out in the free roam that I have yet to see and find I don't think ill be buying another game for quite a while yet. Best game I've ever played and I don't say that lightly.

Too right, love all the characters. Love the rough terrain and countryside. There is something very comforting about passing a tractor on a scenic road. Next Tuesday will feel like another midnight queue to something amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I was playing in the evening and the game was great as usual. But playing late tonight the graphics at night in game, especially dark cars and other dark objects looked terrible. Plus the loading times with going to the menu and map was a lot slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭dobman88

I had to choose between GTA and Fifa 14 so I didn't buy GTA, I won the "special edition" in a competition and I'm fairly underwhelmed by it tbh. I wouldn't be the best GTA player in the world but I have loved all the GTA games. I just don't seem to be enjoying this game as much as I thought I would. All the missions seem really slow like long flights, long drives, long boat rides/subs. Maybe all the hype before the release made it seem better than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is the best GTA, hands down. Actual good missions, and not one big game of "deliver the parcel". The amount of work that must have gone into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

dobman88 wrote: »
    I had to choose between GTA and Fifa 14 so I didn't buy GTA, I won the "special edition" in a competition and I'm fairly underwhelmed by it tbh. I wouldn't be the best GTA player in the world but I have loved all the GTA games. I just don't seem to be enjoying this game as much as I thought I would. All the missions seem really slow like long flights, long drives, long boat rides/subs. Maybe all the hype before the release made it seem better than it is.

It's just you lad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Grayditch wrote: »
    This is the best GTA, hands down. Actual good missions, and not one big game of "deliver the parcel". The amount of work that must have gone into this.

+1. My biggest gripe with GTA IV and also RDR were the boring missions and it was my only worry for this game but R* nailed it. Missions have been brilliant so far and the random stuff and strangers are great too. Feels like it is shorter than IV but thats only because most time in IV was spent driving a slow car A to B. Best GTA of the series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

WOuld I be right in saying that everyone complaining about loading times and graphics being poor are mainly on the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,828 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm on PS3 and have zero problems with graphics or load time (switching characters)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Grayditch wrote: »

Agree, I'm 70% in and have done one "tail that guy but don't get too close" mission in the entire game.

In relation to the random events, I know you only have to do 14 to get 100% completion, but after you do 14 are the others still available or do they stop altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pedalare Pedalare!

Have to say the variety of missions is a major plus point for GTA V over other versions. No "follow that car, don't get too close" missions or the tedious "search four vans dotted around the city" ones which plagued GTA IV and others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Re; The scraps of paper is the person to whom they refer
    CJs mother out of San Andreas? The second name is definitely Johnson but I don't remember the mothers first name.
    CJ's mother's name was Beverly Johnson. And there is a photo of the Leonora Johnson somewhere on the web, can't remember where, but she's white according to the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Penn

fuzz69er wrote: »
    In relation to the random events, I know you only have to do 14 to get 100% completion, but after you do 14 are the others still available or do they stop altogether?

They're still available. In fact some of them kind of repeat themselves a bit too (particularly the security vans one). Plus I've done the same "I need a lift" random mission with all three characters. Michael, I did it. Franklin, I abandoned her about halfway there as I was on my way somewhere else and realised I'd already done it as Michael, and Trevor... Well, let's just say a half naked hillbilly gave me some money for her :D

Penn wrote: »
    They're still available. In fact some of them kind of repeat themselves a bit too (particularly the security vans one)

Cheers. I've noticed those recurring a bit alright, but it's good that they did cause I messed up the first 1 or 2 before I realised how to open the doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

SantryRed wrote: »
    WOuld I be right in saying that everyone complaining about loading times and graphics being poor are mainly on the 360?

I have some jerkyness/stuttering on the PS3; its not constant but always seems to kick in after playing for about 20 minutes.

I did THAT mission last night that had everyone talking and tbh I didn't find it that bad. I thought T's character would really shine through in that but it didn't for me at all and the scene was a let down after all the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

falan wrote: »
    Playing this game since it came out, my brothers on it now up at some farm with a digger picking up cows with it , sometimes they survive and sometimes die...Michaels shouting 'mmmmm I know what im having for dinner'....Hilarious:D

There's a digger? Where abouts? :D

Bought the Heli Pad but for some reason the Barriers never open?

Is this a glitch or what?

Bought the Heli Pad but for some reason the Barriers never open?

Is this a glitch or what?

Same, there's a space between em though, just sayin' :pac: There's usually a security guard watching me but he's never done anything.

I only noticed last night if you're listening to Blaine County Radio and drive back to Los Santos the reception gets worse the closer to the city you get, what a fantastic detail.

Ive noticed a Cessna 172 look alike flying about but can never find one?

Anyone here no the location of one?

I did think it was a cool little touch as well that Michael's daughters car, who I modded and repsrayed when I was Franklin, is still the same mod and respray the entire way through the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Is there a way of changing the characters main car? I have this Audi type car as Micheal, does it change if I buy a new car online?

Has anyone gone to the prison yet? Think I'll give it a bash tonight :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Was hoping that the prison
    would feature in the main storyline at some point, but it does not. Maybe a side mission or maybe some future DLC

Advertisement