Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭Penn

fuzz69er wrote: »
    ah right, so any adjustments I feed back work in real time?

Might give it a go for a street race tonight.

It's sort of, everything slows down, but you slow down less than everything else so you can be very precise and have better control for a few seconds.

It's really helpful for the street races alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Are Lesters tips on the stock market always good ones? I've only done the first assassination mission that's part of the story line
    Moblie phone decapitation

Also when you upgrade a car whats the best way to keep the car and the upgrades without loosing or destroying the car??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,827 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

hypermuse wrote: »
    Are Lesters tips on the stock market always good ones? I've only done the first assassination mission that's part of the story line
    Moblie phone decapitation

Also when you upgrade a car whats the best way to keep the car and the upgrades without loosing or destroying the car??

Lester's tips are brilliant in the assination missions but really, don't do any until you have cleared the game to make some proper money. You won't be able to buy everything on the career money you get. With your last score money, you will get loads back investing in Lester's tips.

Best thing first is upgrade the characters default cars as this is what you will mostly be driving (wish I did this earlier). If you steal a car, doing any customization will make you own it and if you leave it on the street, you can get it back from the car impound any time. I would advise not buying any car unless your filthy rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Gonna start into the stock aspect now I've finished it, way I look at it, the story is done, it's time to kick back, race, play sports, dick around and make more money :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Can you not just go back and replay Lester's missions again and invest the money before the assassination?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No more murdering or stealing, time to make a living on a vital skill he learned in his San Andreas experience

Mopping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

i gave a lift to some numbers guy whose car had broken down (time limit to reach airport), he gave me a tip on some stock that he said was a sure thing. I bet 10,000 and made an additional 6,000 back within 4 hours (game-time). Now I'm sorry i didn't put down a million or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I was a bit slow realising the relevance of the grey\white player indicator. It really makes things so interesting, evading the cops is was great fun even before I noticed this.

Essien wrote: »
    I was a bit slow realising the relevance of the grey\white player indicator. It really makes things so interesting, evading the cops is was great fun even before I noticed this.

Did you know you can hide in bushes? if the cops are after you leg into a bush that covers you and they won't see you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Essien wrote: »

Seen that myself but didn't look into it? Whats it for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

If you change car it goes grey, and I think it makes it harder for the cops to spot you?

If it's grey you're hidden, like when the cops are chasing you if they have a cone of sight and you're outside it then your wanted stars start flashing meaning they're looking for you.

It means you're anonymous (to a degree).

For example, I just broke into a car on a main street, was clearly visible and reported to the cops, got 1 star.

I immediately ran down an alleyway where I couldn't be seen, robbed a van (I've got a grey arrow at this stage as no body saw me getting into the van) and drove straight back out on to the street, right past the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I just saw a naked guy. Funnily enough, after all the sex, violence, torture etc. in the game, that actually was the first thing to shock me! Even had to stop and take a photo! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

I jacked a car last night and the guy driving was wearing women's lingerie he sprinted away before I could get a picture. In hindsight I should have run him over and taken it.

It annoys me when you get wanted stars for nothing, well nothing in GTA terms, stole a jeep out in the middle of nowhere last night, wanted. wtf there was nobody around.

Have many of you seen the ghost yet? Creepy!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

krudler wrote: »
    It annoys me when you get wanted stars for nothing, well nothing in GTA terms, stole a jeep out in the middle of nowhere last night, wanted. wtf there was nobody around.

I was walking around a campervan yesterday trying to look through the window to see if Walt and Jesse were cooking and I got a star :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

See when your buying stocks is there a quicker way of buying them rather than having to keep pressing the + button it takes ages to buy loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

SRFC wrote: »
    See when your buying stocks is there a quicker way of buying them rather than having to keep pressing the + button it takes ages to buy loads.

Hold your finger down on it, it will get much quicker.

• Advertisement

I was walking around a campervan yesterday trying to look through the window to see if Walt and Jesse were cooking and I got a star :pac:

the people of Los Santos are much more jittery than their Vice and Liberty City counterparts :pac: I bumped into someone and they called the cops in Vinewood, I just wanted to go buy new shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm early enough in the game, but just got drugged with some hallucinagenic drugs by my asshole son playing as Michael. Bloody hell, that was brilliantly done.
    (spoiler, don't click the link if you haven't done it)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVvJig5wgeE
    Almost had a flashback playing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Went back to the house as Michael and Jimmy was on Nikos lifeinvader page!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'm early enough in the game, but just got drugged with some hallucinagenic drugs by my asshole son playing as Michael. Bloody hell, that was brilliantly done.
    (spoiler, don't click the link if you haven't done it)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVvJig5wgeE
    Almost had a flashback playing it!

Have you encountered any clowns yet?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Maybe it was a once off, I'm not sure, but for anyone doing the triathlons, just be careful not to press right on the D pad. Unlike other races and sports where it pauses the game and asks you whether you want to quit or not, it doesn't for the triathlons. I was attempting the cross county triathlon and accidentally pressed it when on the bike around the Hollywood Hills part of the race as I had to answer the phone.. around a good ten minutes into the race and it ended abruptly with me in the lead :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Once you buy los santos customs, can you only use that particular one for free?

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Once you buy los santos customs, can you only use that particular one for free?

Franklin can, yup.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Franklin can, yup.

Pity its so far from the city.

On an unrelated note,

I didn't have enough for a taxi so the driver called the police!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    on a unrelated note,

I didn't have enough for a taxi so the driver called the police!

Bahaha! Now THAT'S the attention to detail that makes me love R* games. :D

I'm gonna be playing again in 2 and a half hours... can't binge as much as last weekend, but tonight is going to be a metaphorical orgy of GTA, pizza and coke*.

*The drink

Advertisement