Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,826 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just picked this up. Haven't played any of THE GTA games before.
    Is it easy to follow or is it just free for all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

iggy wrote: »

Fairly simple to follow but any questions ask here, plenty of people to help ya out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    On an unrelated note,

I didn't have enough for a taxi so the driver called the police!
    I was getting a taxi to the airport and bailed out the door while the car was still moving. Had the police after me in seconds, got away pretty easily. Free taxi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Maybe it was a once off, I'm not sure, but for anyone doing the triathlons, just be careful not to press right on the D pad. Unlike other races and sports where it pauses the game and asks you whether you want to quit or not, it doesn't for the triathlons. I was attempting the cross county triathlon and accidentally pressed it when on the bike around the Hollywood Hills part of the race as I had to answer the phone.. around a good ten minutes into the race and it ended abruptly with me in the lead :-/

I did that triathlon and it's tough. I gave it everything only to be beaten so close to the finish line and finished fourth.

My right thumb got some workout too!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I did that triathlon and it's tough. I gave it everything only to be beaten so close to the finish line and finished fourth.

My right thumb got some workout too!

Same, though wrist more so than anything.

Did it in 26.40 to win it. Run was grand, swim somewhat as well, but the back race where the AI becomes like Lance Armstrong (including the drug taking!) was worrying at times. They can get ahead of you by 25 yards at times in the space of 5 seconds every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Same, though wrist more so than anything.

Did it in 26.40 to win it. Run was grand, swim somewhat as well, but the back race where the AI becomes like Lance Armstrong (including the drug taking!) was worrying at times. They can get ahead of you by 25 yards at times in the space of 5 seconds every now and again.

That's not a bad time you did it in Nuri :)

I had a reasonable start when it came to the swim (same with the other tri events I took place in) I thought it was game over when it came to the cycling, but fought my way back in the run only for my hard work to become undone.

Was hitting the button on the controller constantly for 25 minutes before taking a very short rest before the final push.

Hitting the button constantly for those 25 minutes is what probably cost me. Won't make the same mistake next time!

First double eagle there, on the eighth hole :)

However, I missed a short birdie putt on the seventh otherwise I'd have finally have shot the 25 I badly want. The seventh is a difficult green to read if on the wrong side of the hole :(
    Jordan 191 wrote: »
    That's not a bad time you did it in Nuri :)

I had a reasonable start when it came to the swim (same with the other tri events I took place in) I thought it was game over when it came to the cycling, but fought my way back in the run only for my hard work to become undone.

Was hitting the button on the controller constantly for 25 minutes before taking a very short rest before the final push.

Hitting the button constantly for those 25 minutes is what probably cost me. Won't make the same mistake next time!

Yeah I paused the game once for a couple of minutes to answer the phone. Would have paused it once anyway, so it's no excuse. Doing it for 25-30 minutes straight I couldn't imagine doing.

Just to make sure, you have your stamina up?

Going to try the other two triathlons again and see if I can better my time in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

guttenberg wrote: »
    Have you encountered any clowns yet?
    No, but if it's anything like that trip, I look forward to it!
    iggy wrote: »
    Fairly easy to follow. You can spend a hell of a lot of time just messing around without doing any missions. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭moesyzlak

How many bounty hunter missions are there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

moesyzlak wrote: »
    How many bounty hunter missions are there?

a measly 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

johndoe99 wrote: »
    a measly 4.

Yeah measly alright. I enjoyed them and wish there were more of them. You're given very little info to find them and I had to resort to using the blueprint map to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah measly alright. I enjoyed them and wish there were more of them. You're given very little info to find them and I had to resort to using the blueprint map to find them.

There's bounties in the online mode apparently, you can hunt down some actual people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just finished the main story! What a game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Varik wrote: »
    There's bounties in the online mode apparently, you can hunt down some actual people.

Yeah if you get killed by some randomer you can put a bounty on their head.

I hope it carries from server to server, and if they go offline its still on their head when they come back online.

It would also be great if all of our crew members can combine resources and all put small bounties on the one person to make it a big one, like 10k each between like 10 of us. Whoever the unfortunate is they wont get any peace and will be chased until certain death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So I was driving through Vinewood in a Banshee. Heading out to do a Strangers and Freaks mission with Trevor...

Speeding out of the city, suddenly an Infernus drives past in the other direction... I literally said "OOOH! SHINY! GIVE ME THE SHINY!" and slammed on the handbrake and gave chase. Turned out it was some girl driving it. I decided to be merciful and only punched her in the face once...

Earlier, I pulled up in front of a clothes shop in the sticks. Guy outside it passed some remark so, naturally, I called him a prick. He said if I abused him once more he would call the police so, naturally, I abused him again. He pulled out his phone and began to call the police...

Two minutes later I was fleeing that carpark with two dead bodies lying on the sidewalk and police sirens wailing in the distance. :o

I wonder how much cash do you need to purchase all the properties ?

anyone wanna do the maths as I'm way too lazy to :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I wonder how much cash do you need to purchase all the properties ?

anyone wanna do the maths as I'm way too lazy to :pac: :pac:

I've bought all the properties between all 3 characters. Still have a few hundred million to spare too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I've bought all the properties between all 3 characters. Still have a few hundred million to spare too.

How did you manage that :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So I was driving through Vinewood in a Banshee. Heading out to do a Strangers and Freaks mission with Trevor...

Speeding out of the city, suddenly an Infernus drives past in the other direction... I literally said "OOOH! SHINY! GIVE ME THE SHINY!" and slammed on the handbrake and gave chase. Turned out it was some girl driving it. I decided to be merciful and only punched her in the face once...

Earlier, I pulled up in front of a clothes shop in the sticks. Guy outside it passed some remark so, naturally, I called him a prick. He said if I abused him once more he would call the police so, naturally, I abused him again. He pulled out his phone and began to call the police...

Two minutes later I was fleeing that carpark with two dead bodies lying on the sidewalk and police sirens wailing in the distance. :o

I see that and raise you waking up by a pool in a mansion with just my underpants on and puking everywhere. I try and find a car when some guy starts shouting at me. He suffered a few injuries and the cops are alerted. So I carjack a convertible and make my way to the main road, picking up heat as I go.

Just imagine a hungover, disgruntled and near naked Trevor cruising down the highway at dawn with the cops in pursuit and All Saints blaring on the radio. I swerve to pass out a car but got it slightly wrong and ramped up the divider and over the other lane and crash into a massive gas tank. Trevor slightly died from the explosion.

I was laughing for a solid minute :pac:

• Advertisement

Just got a text from Jimmy saying my account is 4 figures lighter....

Luckily I had put pretty much all my cash into shares so all he took was a single dollar

:pac: little shit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

I can't see this ever being topped. What a game lads what a game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah if you get killed by some randomer you can put a bounty on their head.

I hope it carries from server to server, and if they go offline its still on their head when they come back online.

It would also be great if all of our crew members can combine resources and all put small bounties on the one person to make it a big one, like 10k each between like 10 of us. Whoever the unfortunate is they wont get any peace and will be chased until certain death.

There was bounties in Red Dead but it was just a bonus for killing whoever had the highest score, the game would announce it in free roam and point out where they were.

Ah lads... how do I land a plane? Seriously, I keep overshooting or just smashing into the ground... I hate planes so much, it took me 20 tries to manage to make the weapon drop in the ocean. Now I need to land the bloody plane before I can progress. :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah lads... how do I land a plane? Seriously, I keep overshooting or just smashing into the ground... I hate planes so much, it took me 20 tries to manage to make the weapon drop in the ocean. Now I need to land the bloody plane before I can progress. :\

Tap Lt and come down more controlled

After 15 more attempts, I gave in and skipped. :o

****ing planes... *grumble*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭dobman88

I still haven't found the guy that is supposedly in the Quarry place. Cant find anything that resembles the pic Maude sent me.

Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dobman88 wrote: »
    I still haven't found the guy that is supposedly in the Quarry place. Cant find anything that resembles the pic Maude sent me.

Any help?

He's at the very very back of the quarry, standing next to/between two jeeps.

Just introduced myself to the orange on top of the juice stand in the Vinewood Hills with my grenade launcher. Watched as the orange ball of doom rolled down the nearby hill for around ten seconds before colliding with a car on the road at the bottom before knocking said car down another hill :D

If I only I had a HD PVR for that moment alone.

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »

Any help?

The quarry is east of the place where you play darts, across the freeway. Yer man wasn't showing up for me for ages though for whatever reason until yesterday.

Advertisement