Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is there a button to put your seatbelt on I keep dying a painful death by flying through the windscreen :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

How do you guys find the soundtrack?

I'm not happy about the lack of thrash metal (orginated in LA) and the lack of country music (considering how much "redneck country" features in the game)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Is there a button to put your seatbelt on I keep dying a painful death by flying through the windscreen :(

you need to drive in reverse!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

God damn the credits are long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Switched to Trevor and he was outside a rehab clinic shouting at an orderly about how he had much worse drug problem. :P

I still really dislike Trevor. I can't warm to him while he's being a complete dick to Wade. I don't know why, there's just something that makes me really uncomfortable about it, similar to how I disliked Office Space because of how Milton was treated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Switched to Trevor and he was outside a rehab clinic shouting at an orderly about how he had much worse drug problem. :P

I still really dislike Trevor. I can't warm to him while he's being a complete dick to Wade. I don't know why, there's just something that makes me really uncomfortable about it, similar to how I disliked Office Space because of how Milton was treated.

You will warm to him over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

I wanted to kill him over the wheels. My god they looked retarded.

I tossed a grenade in the back door at jimmy and charred him beyond recognition.

He sent me a text later saying he had a near death experience and I had to pay his hospital bills, the bastard.

lkionm wrote: »
    You will warm to him over time.

Maybe. I'm kind of getting glimpses of him being a somewhat likable character, so hopefully they'll build up as I play.

In other sad times news, the random event to unlock
    Packie
    for your crew doesn't seem to want to happen anymore. I've drive past that parking lot where you need to pick them up loads of times today and it just won't pop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

I still really dislike Trevor. I can't warm to him while he's being a complete dick to Wade.

Poor Wade, yeah.

The poor craythur!
    innocent as a lamb, never harmed a fly I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I think Wade spending his time for free in his strip club is more than enough compensation whatever Trevor has done to him :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I appear to be stuck, I've just done the submarine heist thing and I have no more story missions to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,826 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maybe. I'm kind of getting glimpses of him being a somewhat likable character, so hopefully they'll build up as I play.

In other sad times news, the random event to unlock
    Packie
    for your crew doesn't seem to want to happen anymore. I've drive past that parking lot where you need to pick them up loads of times today and it just won't pop.

I got him as Franklin, maybe he is a character specific random event (if there is such a thing) He is class to have part of the crew, top skills and great conversations about the old days in LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

my newly acquired Tank:

0_0_zps81f16c95.jpg

I went and assaulted the Army base.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Ive sold my gta game today :) finished story mode so I have no futher use for it anymore
    really enjoyed it and will probably pick it up again when its cheap :)

anyhow I never used the blimp code that came with it

so anyone that wants my one pm me now
    first come first serve , il edit this post once its gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

johndoe99 wrote: »
    my newly acquired Tank:

0_0_zps81f16c95.jpg

I went and assaulted the Army base.

How are you successfully attacking that base every time i try to grab a jet they absolutely murder me over and over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

bizmark wrote: »
    How are you successfully attacking that base every time i try to grab a jet they absolutely murder me over and over and over

Steal a car, then customise it with max of everything, make sure to include Armor, and bullet proof tyres. This will get you to the hangar containing the Jet and the fast engine will get you there at least 20 seconds before the army are at the hangar door.

Once in the air, climb as high as you can, as they will send jets after you.

I cant get the the transport jet.....tank keeps blowing the **** outta me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

johndoe99 wrote: »
    Steal a car, then customise it with max of everything, make sure to include Armor, and bullet proof tyres. This will get you to the hangar containing the Jet and the fast engine will get you there at least 20 seconds before the army are at the hangar door.

Once in the air, climb as high as you can, as they will send jets after you.

And quick save just before in case for when things go wrong :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

I cant get the the transport jet.....tank keeps blowing the **** outta me

Don't think you can get it?

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Don't think you can get it?

I've gotten in and started the engines...after that i get blow up or shot through the cockpit windows

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I got him as Franklin, maybe he is a character specific random event (if there is such a thing) He is class to have part of the crew, top skills and great conversations about the old days in LC.

Yeah, I got it as Franklin the first time, but got killed in the cop chase. I go back as Franklin now and nothing happens. I've tried going back during the day and at night and nothing. I really want to get him before the second heist.

Just to double check I remember it right, they rob the store that you get to if you go out of Franklin's house and go left as far as the corner, ad it's on the opposite side of the road on the right as look at it?

Did my first mission with all three characters just there. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've a feeling online play will be in bits for a while at first, but I'm still looking forward to giving it a go.

Is there any way to get a larger garage that takes more than 4 vehicles?

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've a feeling online play will be in bits for a while at first, but I'm still looking forward to giving it a go.

Yeah the servers could be a mess at the start, but I'm hoping the BF4 beta drags a few people away at the start since their both out the same day.

And unfortunately, four is the maximum for the garage and you can only buy one!

Boo-urns!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Grayditch wrote: »

You can buy the hanger at Los Santos Aiport. It can store a lot of them but not at once.

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    You can buy the hanger at Los Santos Aiport. It can store a lot of them but not at once.

Yeah but it doesn't store cars does it?

Only tanks and big military vehicles I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,826 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw on gtavtv.com that the pc version will be released on 22nd november.anyone else hear anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just saw on gtavtv.com that the pc version will be released on 22nd november.anyone else hear anything about this?

Heard 26th on here and another forum.

No idea if true.

But fully expect the release to be unknown so we buy it twice. Which is what they want and what i will do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm around 50 missions in now and before tonight I was about to post up that I was finding them a bit disappointing. However, once it got to the
    bank heist
    I think the story has really picked up.

Does anyone else find the missions to be quite easy though? I rarely have try them any more than once and I find they are flying past very quickly even though I only play sporadically. I know the side missions etc will keep me ticking over and that's not to mention online, but the main story seems short.

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm around 50 missions in now and before tonight I was about to post up that I was finding them a bit disappointing. However, once it got to the
    bank heist
    I think the story has really picked up.

Does anyone else find the missions to be quite easy though? I rarely have try them any more than once and I find they are flying past very quickly even though I only play sporadically. I know the side missions etc will keep me ticking over and that's not to mention online, but the main story seems short.

There's only 69 missions in the singleplayer, in contrast to the 500 missions that will be on online to start off.

There'll be plenty in this to make it worth the money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rarely died on main missions, have a 100 or so deaths in free roam.

mountain lion 2 me 0:(

Advertisement