Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Rarely died on main missions, have a 100 or so deaths in free roam.

mountain lion 2 me 0:(

Telephone Pole 1 Me 0...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just did what I assume to be the "controversial mission" everyone was talking about. (didn't read those discussions so only assuming this is it)
    The torture of the guy you "rescued" from the IAA... I... Just... wow. That was majorly FUBAR. Granted I get they were trying to hammer home the point that torture isn't the way to go (the conversation between Trevor and your man on the way to the airport elaborates) but Jesus that was tough to sit through. I actually feel a little queasy after it if I'm honest... :\

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Just did what I assume to be the "controversial mission" everyone was talking about. (didn't read those discussions so only assuming this is it)
    The torture of the guy you "rescued" from the IAA... I... Just... wow. That was majorly FUBAR. Granted I get they were trying to hammer home the point that torture isn't the way to go (the conversation between Trevor and your man on the way to the airport elaborates) but Jesus that was tough to sit through. I actually feel a little queasy after it if I'm honest... :\
    Agree with you big time. There's occasions where I think Rockstar went a bit overboard with Trevor. On the one hand I think they try to play him off as a loveable rogue, but then he goes and tortures that guy and also rapes Floyd in his wife's PJs. Just too evil. I haven't played through the entire storymode yet, but I'm hoping (most likely in vain) that he gets some kind of comeuppance. (Note I don't think everybody sees the animation of Trevor waking up with Floyd, my friend who I've been chatting to about this game definitely hasn't anyway. Happened to me after the mission in the docks))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

There's only 69 missions in the singleplayer, in contrast to the 500 missions that will be on online to start off.

There'll be plenty in this to make it worth the money!

My connection is too fitful for online play, really, so that doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I'm a little concerned with how easily I'm zipping through progress to the point that I find myself deliberately putting off the story missions to try and draw it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Killing them makes you fail, speaking from experience, yes :D

Did you open fire on them? :D

If I come fourth in the cross country triathlon again, I'll go on a killing spree :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Finished the
    assassination missions and invested wisely

Now to spend some hard earned cash :D

If I buy a plane is there any way I can lose it or will it just appear back in my hanger if I ditch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    If I buy a plane is there any way I can lose it or will it just appear back in my hanger if I ditch it.

The helicopters have always been there for me, if its for franklin/Michael you don't really need to buy any of the private jets as their is a good few of them at the airport that you can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭dobman88

My connection is too fitful for online play, really, so that doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I'm a little concerned with how easily I'm zipping through progress to the point that I find myself deliberately putting off the story missions to try and draw it out.

I only play 2-3 hours a few days a week. The missions do fly by but are you gettin Gold in all of them?? Do them again to get a better score in them.

I made a post here a few days ago that I was a bit disappointed with GTA5 but my mind has completely changed now. The whole game has grown on me now and I love the characters. I actually cant wait to finish it and I find myself getting excited by the storyline when before I was a bit 'meh' about it.

Well played R*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Did you open fire on them? :D

If I come fourth in the cross country triathlon again, I'll go on a killing spree :eek:

I won all 3 first try! Just stay in the top 5 for the swim, and then mash the A/X button for the cycle and the run. Pick your line through the corners very carefully, that's the key to victory. Don't worry if/when one of your opponent's fly ahead of you suddenly, they'll come back after a few seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Agree with you big time. There's occasions where I think Rockstar went a bit overboard with Trevor. On the one hand I think they try to play him off as a loveable rogue, but then he goes and tortures that guy and also rapes Floyd in his wife's PJs. Just too evil. I haven't played through the entire storymode yet, but I'm hoping (most likely in vain) that he gets some kind of comeuppance. (Note I don't think everybody sees the animation of Trevor waking up with Floyd, my friend who I've been chatting to about this game definitely hasn't anyway. Happened to me after the mission in the docks))

Meh, I don't really think
    the torture part
    was all that bad tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Didn't see the big deal about the "controversial" thing that people were talking about at all. Not that bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

There was some seriously constrasting writing in this game. Sometimes it was absolutely inspired and sometimes it was lazy and juvenile. I've never been the biggest fan of that Houser guy's writing for Rockstar games, but this is probably his best effort in fairness. Flawed, but still great in comparison to most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

followed the assassination mission tips and ended upo being minus money.. on misison 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

In all cutscenes in my game Michael has a load of blood on his left forearm and hand. I can't imagine it's supposed to be like that since nothing has happened him so just wondering if anybody else has had this?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

In all cutscenes in my game Michael has a load of blood on his left forearm and hand. I can't imagine it's supposed to be like that since nothing has happened him so just wondering if anybody else has had this?

Try healing yourself

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The stunt jump on the rocks beside the lighthouse is just.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The stunt jump on the rocks beside the lighthouse is just.. :mad:

I'm leaving that one to last, such a pain when you land in the water and having to load a save, gave up after 5 tries.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

iMuse wrote: »
    I'm leaving that one to last, such a pain when you land in the water and having to load a save, gave up after 5 tries.

After about 20 attempts, I'd say 15 before heading out last night and 5 this morning, I finally nailed it. Stole a Karin Rebel off road pick up and nailed it on the second go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Was just p1ssing about on the jetski, seeing how far out I was actually allowed go when I noticed a random red dot on my radar, nearby. I stop to see what's going on and low and behold I get attacked by a shark. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

kryogen wrote: »
    Didn't see the big deal about the "controversial" thing that people were talking about at all. Not that bad at all.

For me,
    it was just past the threshold of brutality I can stomach. I think it wouldn't have been as bad if I wasn't an active participant in it, but rotating the analogue stick to rip out his tooth or electrocuting him over and over again just made me feel like it was me making this "decision" to torture him. I think the petrol pouring was by far the worst, because it was clear the guy would have told you everything anyway, so you were just doing it for kicks.

Finally got
    Packie
    in my crew. Fourth time lucky. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

For me,
    it was just past the threshold of brutality I can stomach. I think it wouldn't have been as bad if I wasn't an active participant in it, but rotating the analogue stick to rip out his tooth or electrocuting him over and over again just made me feel like it was me making this "decision" to torture him. I think the petrol pouring was by far the worst, because it was clear the guy would have told you everything anyway, so you were just doing it for kicks.

Finally got
    Packie
    I didn't mind beating him up or the waterboarding, but pulling his tooth out and electrocuting him while you could hear his heartbeat racing in the background was just horrible. Then when his heart stopped and you had to inject him with adrenaline...ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Finally got
    Packie

Did you kill him and then get the chance again or did you not have the event before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I won all 3 first try! Just stay in the top 5 for the swim, and then mash the A/X button for the cycle and the run. Pick your line through the corners very carefully, that's the key to victory. Don't worry if/when one of your opponent's fly ahead of you suddenly, they'll come back after a few seconds.

Nice one :)

I took your advice on the cycling and watched how the lads ahead took the corners and I followed suit.

I came off the bike though and mucked up on the route direction though so I finished 6th in the cycling part. A fella in front of me in the bike race went over the handlebars.

Anyway, to cut to the chase, I managed to achieve a gold medal in the cross country tri :D

2 golds and a bronze for Trevor :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Anyone complete an offroad event and the game say that the Motocross outfit was delivered to your closet but having no sign of the outfit?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Made it to 100% game progress on Friday evening, interested to see how the Online shapes up...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Maye83 wrote: »
    Made it to 100% game progress on Friday evening, interested to see how the Online shapes up...

Did you use a guide for all those letter pieces/spaceship parts/nuclear waste?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

welkin wrote: »
    Did you use a guide for all those letter pieces/spaceship parts/nuclear waste?

The locations of the spaceship parts and letter pieces are on the map on the rockstar website, and you can use the trackify app to find the nuclear waste, so really no guide is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Eventually finished finding the sub parts, I'm not ashamed to say that
    your woman got the shotgun to the back of the head for giving Michael a tenner after all that:D

Advertisement