Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

If you reload a quick save will you be in the same spot or back at a safehouse? Have to admit I've never used the QS feature yet... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If you reload a quick save will you be in the same spot or back at a safehouse? Have to admit I've never used the QS feature yet... :o

It brings you back to the same spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

You can take a way faster line through the corners than the other riders, you can cut them much tighter!

I wasn't bad at the bike event this time and I even improved at taking the corners. Hairpins catch me out though.

I came 6th in the bike event, but was running higher before I fell off. That was the only downside as the swim and run went very well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

That fcuking triathlon, led the swimming, was leading the bike race and 22 mins in I clipped a pedestrian and was disqualified ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Blay wrote: »
    That fcuking triathlon, led the swimming, was leading the bike race and 22 mins in I clipped a pedestrian and was disqualified ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

The exact same thing happened to me and at around the exact same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭dobman88

Is there any way of knowing where all the spaceship parts are? I only collected one so far and it was a complete fluke cos I was trying to escape from an angry farmer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

dobman88 wrote: »
    Is there any way of knowing where all the spaceship parts are? I only collected one so far and it was a complete fluke cos I was trying to escape from an angry farmer

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/
    Go into your game progress and theres a checklist with a map at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭dobman88

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/
    Go into your game progress and theres a checklist with a map at the bottom.

Aw ffs, thanks Jesus. I feel like a muppet now knowing it was so easy to find. I did say a few pages back I wasn't the best GTA player ever :o but I am loving this game so far

• Registered Users Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I wonder is there actually anything funnier than jumping and pressing O to go ragdoll at completely random points. Seriously, while looking around for the spaceship parts yesterday I kept doing it (particularly going down steps) and even though I killed myself a good few times doing it, it never stopped being funny. Possibly the simplest but greatest new feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,825 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As Trev, I usually stand up on top of my truck and faceplant into traffic. Seriously needs a faceplant compilation video.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Trying to spawn a buzzard but keeps coming up 'can't spawn vehicle here' no matter where I try, is there a place I have to go to spawn it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Falconno4 wrote: »
    Trying to spawn a buzzard but keeps coming up 'can't spawn vehicle here' no matter where I try, is there a place I have to go to spawn it ?

Nope...just flat ground well away from obstacles!

Or there is one sitting on the roof of the NOOSE building ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

sheehy83 wrote: »
    As Trev, I usually stand up on top of my truck and faceplant into traffic. Seriously needs a faceplant compilation video.

I got a a wanted level for accidentally faceplanting myself through someone windshield :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

finished the game at the weekend, I've about 78% complete.

I've a few thigns to do, make millions for the business and do the Nuclear waste clean up.

I've also got 2 or 3 Lester missions left to finish.

I'll give on the SP once online hits though so might try a few cheats this afternoon and go mad. :pac:

Anybody 100% it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

Sillly Q, I am a newbie any way to save the game apart from the autosave ?

Me thumb is hanging off after having that first race with Micheal :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Go to a safehouse and sleep or, the easiest way, bring up the phone and quick save with the icon on the left. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

are the Lester missions still there after completion? the L symbol is gone from my Franklin map and he never answers the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

krudler wrote: »
    are the Lester missions still there after completion? the L symbol is gone from my Franklin map and he never answers the phone

Ya still there for me. Just shows up as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

dobman88 wrote: »

There are some great guides on YouTube if you want to use them, I don't think I'd have found them all without a decent guide.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anybody 100% it yet?

Yeah, got it last Friday. It's worth knowing that you don't need to complete everything in the game if you're going for the 100%, I worked from this list which shows what's required and what's not:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55711/t1903839-100-completion-checklist/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Random question:

When you buy armour from Ammu-Nation does it stay with you, or once it's reduced is it gone?

I bought some for the
    FIB heist
    , as I kept getting killed and it really helped. But now I don't know if I've still got it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Random question:

When you buy armour from Ammu-Nation does it stay with you, or once it's reduced is it gone?

I bought some for the
    FIB heist
    , as I kept getting killed and it really helped. But now I don't know if I've still got it or not.

When the bar depletes its gone. You need to buy more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Was playing last night and managed to get a 3 star wanted in the city, after a bit of a chase I decided to try and ditch the cops on foot, so I turned into a multi storey car park to evade the police helicopter.

I went up the ramp and was taking cover behind it, completely out of sight and waiting out the clock on the stars when a lone cop comes in on foot at makes his way towards where I was hiding, just as I was about to pop out and blast him, my stars expired. the tension was unreal.

loving this game, its little moments like that, that are sticking out in my mind more than the big set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Has anyone noticed the amount of shops (the 24/7 where you drop trevor off after hanging out with him springs to mind) that have proper doors (as opposed to just a texture showing a door). I reckon when online opens up, we might have access to a lot more buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Has anyone noticed the amount of shops (the 24/7 where you drop trevor off after hanging out with him springs to mind) that have proper doors (as opposed to just a texture showing a door). I reckon when online opens up, we might have access to a lot more buildings.

Yeah, I think the idea is you'll be able to rob those stores with a few guys if you want. Least I think I saw that in a preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Maye83 wrote: »
    There are some great guides on YouTube if you want to use them, I don't think I'd have found them all without a decent guide.

Yeah, got it last Friday. It's worth knowing that you don't need to complete everything in the game if you're going for the 100%, I worked from this list which shows what's required and what's not:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/55711/t1903839-100-completion-checklist/

Something I'll definetly check out, i'm not pushed on trying to trophy hunt for the game as I dont think i'd have the patience for getting all gold in missions and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Hoop66

When the bar depletes its gone. You need to buy more then.

Well that makes sense. I am such a fúckwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,825 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GTA V Mythbusters - Episode 2 is out and is brilliant. You can derail the cable car and make chop fetch grenades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

sheehy83 wrote: »
    GTA V Mythbusters - Episode 2 is out and is brilliant. You can derail the cable car and make chop fetch grenades.

Brilliant!

Just getting towards the end of the storyline- should be finished by the time Online is acessible tomorrow. What a fantastic game. Trevor's a bloody legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I've finished it, but both Franklyn and Trevor are showing that they've a mission each left but I can't see any on the map. Any help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Could it be a time sensitive mission? As in, only available at night or during the day?

Advertisement