Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ok, trevor's was a gun run. but I still can't find franklins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Call Tonya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Has anyone noticed the amount of shops (the 24/7 where you drop trevor off after hanging out with him springs to mind) that have proper doors (as opposed to just a texture showing a door). I reckon when online opens up, we might have access to a lot more buildings.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think the idea is you'll be able to rob those stores with a few guys if you want. Least I think I saw that in a preview.

There's a good few shops that you can rob already!

Check out the interactive in the forum, should have a lot of the locations.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Career criminal :)

100% completed, thank **** :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Have to wear my robes for 10 days now, so I decided to be a taxi driver for a bit. My second fare was a bit suspicious as it led to nowhere in the mountains, at the end she jumped out shouting 'later sucker' without paying.....Rammed the bitch and took my fare!

• Advertisement

I bought a Cheetah with Franklin and brought it out to the Los Santos Customs he owns in the countryside and around the corner from it I got jacked by a escaped prisoner. Caught completely off guard and he got away with it. My brand new Cheetah gone.

@IvySlayer you can just get into bed in Micheal's house and go into the save menu and just back out without actually saving and it forwards your game 6 hours so you can do it 40 times to get the 10 days in the robes.

@IvySlayer you can just get into bed in Micheal's house and go into the save menu and just back out without actually saving and it forwards your game 6 hours so you can do it 40 times to get the 10 days in the robes.

Or I could kill lots of people and have an epic police chase

I bought a tank and an army jeep, it says they are delivered, checked my house garage and the one I bought, can't see them anywhere :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

IvySlayer wrote: »

I bought a tank and an army jeep, it says they are delivered, checked my house garage and the one I bought, can't see them anywhere :mad:

I think the tanks get delivered to the hangar in the airport

I think the tanks get delivered to the hangar in the airport

My one? I checked it, nothing there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

My one? I checked it, nothing there

you'll find it at the sandy shores hangar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Tanks go to Trevs airfield....at least when trev orders it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

You gotta press a button to see special vehicles in the garages I think.

Right on the d-pad. Does that work?

OK I'll check that out later

Do you guys bother with attacking armoured vans? It's just not worth the police chase imo

I have never passed one by without attacking it. I even knocked one over with the stun gun. By the time they got back up I was speeding away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

OK I'll check that out later

Do you guys bother with attacking armoured vans? It's just not worth the police chase imo

I always do. I enjoy feeling heisty, and it only takes me a few minutes to lose the peelers, usually in the direction I'm going anyway.

Paleto Bay seems to be the most reliable, the truck always seems to be pulling away when I'm there.

At first I used to just pull my car in and watch them drive off then follow them. As soon as they stop at lights I put a sticky bomb on the doors at the back then let them drive off and blow the sticky bombs. At this point I would have my car angled so I can use it as cover. Now I just shoot them before they get back in the van.

I might try putting a tear gas grenade either side of the van before I blow the sticky bomb, just to welcome the security guards when they exit the van to try and stop me.

Does anyone know if this features in the game anywhere at all?

I just emailed Rockstar games with a suggestion.
    It would have been great if you could hogtie people like in RDR, and then put them in the boot of your car. Think of the fun that could be had with that. You could have like big cable ties like the cops use and have them in the weapon wheel with the sticky bombs, grenades, etc.

Think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Think about it.

I think I'd end up doing exactly what I did in RDR... hogtie people to the railroad :pac:

Yeah that would be done many times. Also leave them in the boot of a car on the tracks or just cover them with petrol with the jerry can and light them up and watch them squirm and scream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yeah that would be done many times. Also leave them in the boot of a car on the tracks or just cover them with petrol with the jerry can and light them up and watch them squirm and scream.

Beautifully bloodthirsty. I admire your vision, and will subscribe to your brutal newsletter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Think about it.

Stun Gun and cable ties would be savage combo!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I always do. I enjoy feeling heisty, and it only takes me a few minutes to lose the peelers, usually in the direction I'm going anyway.

Paleto Bay seems to be the most reliable, the truck always seems to be pulling away when I'm there.

You wouldn't be from NI by any chance would ya? the reason I ask is I've never heard anyone outside of NI refer to them as peelers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭dobman88

Credits rolling!!

I had 3 different views on the game and now I am finished I have made up my mind. (not a huge GTA fan)

At first I wasn't enjoying it, just playing for the sake of it.

Then I kind of got into it but was still a bit 'meh' about it. Did start enjoying it though.

And finally after all the effort of playing, I ended up absolutely loving it!!! What a game. I couldn't afford the game so wasn't bothered about it. Won it in a comp and I am so happy I got it.

Well done R*, fan for life after that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

I made a huge mistake with the last Epsilon mission
    I quickly realised that the idea was to **** off with the cash, but thought I play the mission out and see what happens. First effort failed after I RPG'ed the chopper and the car (and cash) blew up too.

2nd effort during the chase I got the car completely wedged while trying to get away and was killed

3rd effort I let the game develop and went to far from the cash and the mission ended (and auto saved). Went back for a 4th go and while I got away successfully with the cash, the game reloaded from the previous save as soon as the mission ended and I lost the cash.

It came up to quick I can't remember if it was 2.1m or 21m. I'm really hoping it's the former!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Just incase anyone doesn't know, there's a crowbar right beside Los Santos Customs nearest to Michael's house, just look for the the stairwell just to the right of it. One hit kill.

Molotov cocktails are just under a little bridge where you see some contruction workers sitting around doing now, it's on the Pacific Bluffs road. Around Chumash.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tried to nick a fighter jet last night, got a tank and drove in the gates of the army base, didnt last long. parachuted in, didnt last long. drove in with a car, well... there's a pattern here lol

I hadn't realise if you get out of the sub while it's under water you have scuba gear, scuba diving in the shallows while it's sunny is pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

krudler wrote: »
    Tried to nick a fighter jet last night, got a tank and drove in the gates of the army base, didnt last long. parachuted in, didnt last long. drove in with a car, well... there's a pattern here lol

I hadn't realise if you get out of the sub while it's under water you have scuba gear, scuba diving in the shallows while it's sunny is pretty.

Are the tanks horrendously underpowered armour-wise, though?

I happened to be going from Trevor's to Fort Zancudo only to encounter some Lost MC members who tried to attack my. One way or another I ran over them on their bikes, which exploded. I sauntered on for a bit and only realised then that my tank was on fire, and then before it was too late KERBLAMMO :(:mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I robbed a tank outside the base by shooting at it and dragging the driver out, flew up the run way found the jet.

Its good for about 2 mins, its too fast to hit targets on the ground with the machine gun and the missle lock barely picks up targets by the time ya fly past them, good for a blast but not really worth the hassle. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

fuzz69er wrote: »
    I made a huge mistake with the last Epsilon mission

I thought that was one of the most long enjoyable missions, that 5 mile run in the desert, phew, never thought it would end. It was 2.1 million.
    Marnie will text you soon 10 times, each time to find one of the tracts

Advertisement