Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Finally finished it. Thought the ending was a bit rubbish.
    Throughout it you're told that you can't kill the main antagonists for various reasons and the suddenly at the end, you all go kill all the main antagonists and everything works out. It felt like the writer's had run out of ideas and just gave up. And it didn't help that the last missions were so easy. I was really expecting some sort of challenge.

But that's the only real gripe I had with the game. I'm still discovering so many little touches that I can't believe they thought of. And it's one of the few times I'll actually welcome some DLC and hope it's in the form of more heists.

Just need to set aside some time to try the online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

I got the small transport prop plane C130.

I have it saved in Franklins hanger but keeps blowing up when i go near the hanger

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    ANOTHER sniping mission? Seriously? FFS. :mad:

The one I'm on is for Trevor to take out
    the O'Neill brothers in a forest
    ... how many more times will I be using this god damn rifle? :\

Who says you have to use it?

Grenade launcher is more Trevors style and great fun at the end of that mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Who says you have to use it?

Grenade launcher is more Trevors style and great fun at the end of that mission.

Well
    I was in a fixed position as Michael being told to use my infrared scope... so the game said I had to use it.
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Whilst I am loving online and I do like the City and a few of the small fixes that they put in (better checkpoints, finally being able to play with a decent camera angle when driving), I found single player to be a significant step-back from both GTA IV and RDR. I've about eight hours left of the story I think and very little motivation to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Quick question, so I stole a sexy black private jet the other day and parked it in the hanger at Trevor's airfield, it is still here at the minute, if I take it out and parachute out of it will it will it respawn at the airfield or will it be gone forever? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

mutley18 wrote: »
    Quick question, so I stole a sexy black private jet the other day and parked it in the hanger at Trevor's airfield, it is still here at the minute, if I take it out and parachute out of it will it will it respawn at the airfield or will it be gone forever? Thanks!

It respawned there for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Were can you find the black jet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I just had weird Trevor moment. I was checking my stock prices, and i noticed Trevor had invested in a company I had no recollection of investing in. So this was quite strange. Either way, not only was the investment weird, but also very high. When I sold my stocks I got $150,000. Pretty weird, but good for Trevor anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

markc1184 wrote: »
    Were can you find the black jet?

I was going to the airport to steal a normal white one and when I got there I seen a black one taxi-ing along the runway so I just ran over and booted the pilot out!

You can gain one the legal way by buying it, but where's the fun in that? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I just had weird Trevor moment. I was checking my stock prices, and i noticed Trevor had invested in a company I had no recollection of investing in. So this was quite strange. Either way, not only was the investment weird, but also very high. When I sold my stocks I got $150,000. Pretty weird, but good for Trevor anyway.

Maybe it was a reward from a random event. A few of them give shares in their company as a reward. You might have gotten an email about it and not noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Riddle101 wrote: »

Get a dudes on a pushbike bike back?

he gives you 100k for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Planning on getting GTA tomorrow, then lay into it over the weekend :D

Can anyone tell me if car modification has to be unlocked, or is it available from the very start?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

131spanner wrote: »
    Planning on getting GTA tomorrow, then lay into it over the weekend :D

Can anyone tell me if car modification has to be unlocked, or is it available from the very start?

Available from the very start as far as I remember. But you'll have bugger all cash to do it with for ages. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I fear you may also be disappointed about the lack of things that can be done with a tractor:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

It wouldn't even allow me to mod my Golf Buggy :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Finally got around to finishing this today, the best game I've ever played, right up there with FF VII and vice city.

Found the No Country to Old Men easter egg. Pretty cool, even used a shotgun with a suppressor to give it a more authentic feel.

My latest vehicle:

TREWS_zps219bc589.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

If i didn't already have this game i'd definitely buy it after seeing these vids...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51588/gta-fan-vids-epic-chase-sequences-plus-timelapses-mythbusting-an.html

• Advertisement

just came across 2 guys having a romp in a camper van, that tried to kill Trevor:

NSFW
    http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/francis553/0_0ds_zps8dc7edde.jpg

this game is just priceless, just when it seems that i've seen all it has to offer, it jumps back at you with something new. :D

johndoe99 wrote: »
    just came across 2 guys having a romp in a camper van, that tried to kill Trevor:

NSFW
    http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc440/francis553/0_0ds_zps8dc7edde.jpg

this game is just priceless, just when it seems that i've seen all it has to offer, it jumps back at you with something new. :D

I think I came across those two guys(or maybe two different guys) trying to rape a woman yesterday when I was playing as Franklin. Killed them both without even thinking about it.

Also came across two guys trying to bury another girl alive, she was the daughter of some mob boss who had been kidnapped. Again I was playing as Franklin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

This has probably been asked countless times over, but there are a lot of pages to check back through. I'm wondering if there is a way of finding out which strangers and freaks you have completed and which remain. Trying to get to 100% but its saying I've only completed 18/20 but nothing else is showing up like it usually would on the map. Are Maudes bounties a S&F mission? I accidentally killed 1 of them and then got a text saying I wasn't what she was looking for, could this be the reason for nothing showing up?

Ive also destroyed 14/15 for sale signs but for the life of me I cant find the last, even when I use the map to try and find them. Any way of finding them?

markc1184 wrote: »
    This has probably been asked countless times over, but there are a lot of pages to check back through. I'm wondering if there is a way of finding out which strangers and freaks you have completed and which remain. Trying to get to 100% but its saying I've only completed 18/20 but nothing else is showing up like it usually would on the map. Are Maudes bounties a S&F mission? I accidentally killed 1 of them and then got a text saying I wasn't what she was looking for, could this be the reason for nothing showing up?

Ive also destroyed 14/15 for sale signs but for the life of me I cant find the last, even when I use the map to try and find them. Any way of finding them?

If you join or are already a member of the Social Club, you get access to a map showing you the locations of the strangers and freaks missions, spaceship parts and letter scraps. It would show you the S&F location anyway.

For Maude, I think you're still able to do the next one even if you kill one. She may have emailed you a second time that you missed. Search online for the location of the next one and see if anyone's there. They'll usually start running it shooting once you get there.

As for the for sale signs, only thing is suggest is using your phone in the game to go to Lenny Avery's site (just type av into eyefind search and it should bring up his website) and it'll show you all 15 houses. You'll just have to visit them all again one by one to find the one you missed, but shouldn't take long as they're all in the same general area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

Apologies if this has been posted already but...
    (concerns the final mission)
    I picked the option to kill Michael. Since Trevor had new missions after I completed this I assume that Michael would have had some too. If he did, is there anyway of doing them or will they be gone forever. Also is there anyway of going back to the choice and picking option C and continuing from there? Im pretty sure you wont be able but Im clutching at straws here. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

lahalane wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted already but...
    (concerns the final mission)
    I picked the option to kill Michael. Since Trevor had new missions after I completed this I assume that Michael would have had some too. If he did, is there anyway of doing them or will they be gone forever. Also is there anyway of going back to the choice and picking option C and continuing from there? Im pretty sure you wont be able but Im clutching at straws here. :(

Unless you have a save file from before you won't be able to go back.
    You can replay the mission via the phone but it won't reverse the events of whatever option you originally chose.
    It's possible you completed all of Michael's side missions before the final mission as Trevor is the only one who has any 'new' events after the main story ends as far as I know.

Post game Trevor mission:
    I'm referring to his mother's visit in case you're talking about something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Unless you have a save file from before you won't be able to go back.
    You can replay the mission via the phone but it won't reverse the events of whatever option you originally chose.
    It's possible you completed all of Michael's side missions before the final mission as Trevor is the only one who has any 'new' events after the main story ends as far as I know.

Post game Trevor mission:
    I'm referring to his mother's visit in case you're talking about something else.

Thanks very much for your help.
    Do you know if there is any way of finding out if I completed all his missions? It says I have 53 missions done for him. I couldn't find anything online to tell me how many he is supposed to have.

Do you know if there is any way of finding out if I completed all his missions? It says I have 53 missions done for him. I couldn't find anything online to tell me how many he is supposed to have.

The Social Club 100% checklist will show what you're missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

If you go onto Social Club there's a mission checklist which will tell you what you have/haven't done. You'll have to create an account and link it to your PSN/XBL, if you haven't already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

johndoe99 wrote: »
    My latest vehicle:

TREWS_zps219bc589.jpg

Where did you get this from?

Advertisement