Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Gameplay Discussion ***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

johndoe99 wrote: »
    did you get the 2 million cash.

You bet I did! I was mainly doing it for the achievement though. I'm going to try get the full 1000 gamer score on this. Hopefully that's the most tedious part taken care of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭johndoe99

You bet I did! I was mainly doing it for the achievement though. I'm going to try get the full 1000 gamer score on this. Hopefully that's the most tedious part taken care of.

Marnie will also text you later on and give you cryptic texts to find 12 "epsilon tracts", that will redeem your soul, this is another great side mission. Takes you all over the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I have 99.5% complete for the last couple of weeks and Franklin's 'Uncalculated Risk' strangers & freaks mission won't appear. Looks like a glitch from what I've read online, hope it eventually appears, disappointing not to get 100% after the time and frustration it takes getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I have 99.5% complete for the last couple of weeks and Franklin's 'Uncalculated Risk' strangers & freaks mission won't appear. Looks like a glitch from what I've read online, hope it eventually appears, disappointing not to get 100% after the time and frustration it takes getting there.

Have you done all of the parachute jumps? it only appears once they're all done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I got a glitch in the Kifflom missions. I was collecting the 4th car when some gob****e NPC rammed me on a hill pinning the car to the wall. I couldn't reverse back up so got out killed him and got in his car to move it. Turns out it was the 5th car I needed so brought it back first. Went back for the other one and then the whole mission was just unavailable.
    The garage won't open to deliver the car or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Hoop66

I've found that gong into online and then back to story mode solved a couple of glitches - the missing "Uncalculated Risk" one for certain.

Kxiii wrote: »
    Have you done all of the parachute jumps? it only appears once they're all done.
    Yeah, I did all the jumps and have got at least bronze in all of them.
    Hoop66 wrote: »
    I've found that gong into online and then back to story mode solved a couple of glitches - the missing "Uncalculated Risk" one for certain.
    I've been doing that, but haven't tried quickly switching between the two modes to see if that works, so I'll try that later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Christ......anytime I take a car out I lose it and its never in the pound!!!!

Michael doesn't' even have the compound on the map :(

Michaels lost a rangae rover yoke and a 911 thingy and Franklins lost a nice jeep!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Right, just completed A Mystery, Solved. Cutscene at the end pretty good, but was having 50 collectibles realllllly necessary? Dull enough finding them all. And kinda a PITA not to get any money/perks for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭steve_r

I got this game in September, but wanted to finish thestory and take my time with it before posting here.

Overall, I loved it for the following reasons;

· Much better variety of missions thanprevious games. Strangers and Freaks in particular were a lot of fun.

· I Liked the character switching, itallowed the game to tell different stories

· The AI of the cops makes things muchmore interesting, moving away from GTA IV’s “get out of this circle”.

· Great choice of weapons and car mods.

· Underwater was a great addition, returnof flying brilliants.

· The Heists.

It’s my favourite game of the series, it took all theelements of SA and VC that I loved and combined them with the graphics of IV.

I can see the problems people have with the driving, itis very arcadey, and more like Saints Row than I would like, but it’s not ahuge deal for me.

Regarding the story,
    I found the characters themselves interesting, but it lacked the scale of
    previous GTA storylines. I thought the last mission was quite anti-climatic, the
    assasinations were fairly straightforward and the final scene was a let-down.
    Contrast that with IV, which is a game I have plenty of problems with, but had
    an epic final mission in terms of action and story. SA and VC as well had a very
    strong ending. Killing off the main villains seemed way too straightforward,
    we’d been given reasons why this wasn’t possible earlier in the game but when
    this mission came around, all those reasons seemed to disappear. I think it
    would have been better if one villain was against the three guys, instead of a
    villain each. For example, if Lester had betrayed the three guys to get the gold
    after the last heist, and set the bad guys on them, I think that could have been
    an epic finale. Rather than giving the choice to Franklin, then make Trevor
    decide if, like Michael’s choice in the first heist, he wants to escape, or
    whether he tries to save the guys.

There is a lot to do in this game, and I think it waswell worth the wait. Amazing.

• Advertisement

In case anyone else encounters this problem, yesterday I loaded up the game without being logged in to my PS account and straight away the 'Uncalculated Risk' mission was available. Now on 100% at last and off to find Bigfoot and UFOs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lads you wont believe it - someone actually made a bus map with times and everything!?!

http://imgur.com/Wkoxlib

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Mc Love wrote: »
    Lads you wont believe it - someone actually made a bus map with times and everything!?!

http://imgur.com/Wkoxlib

Better system than Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Got $100 million in GTA 5 online yesterday. Apparently it's because of glitches in the first month or something. Honestly though it should really just be $500k like on the XBox 360 which is what I believe they got. $100 million is too much and kind've takes away from the satisfaction of earning money in races, death matches and missions. Or bounty kills, import/export vehicle etc. There's just no fun in having $100 mil for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Got $100 million in GTA 5 online yesterday. Apparently it's because of glitches in the first month or something. Honestly though it should really just be $500k like on the XBox 360 which is what I believe they got. $100 million is too much and kind've takes away from the satisfaction of earning money in races, death matches and missions. Or bounty kills, import/export vehicle etc. There's just no fun in having $100 mil for nothing.

ILL HAVE IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭LifeSaabItch

Feel free to share the wealth, I'm down to $40k after modding cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭Riddle101

ILL HAVE IT
    Feel free to share the wealth, I'm down to $40k after modding cars.

Nah think i'll keep it now :D.

Already bought myself the most expensive apartment you can buy, and two new expensive cars along with modding them. I can almost think of a scenario of an economic crash in the game, and the bank/game mods ask for all the money they gave me back, only to find out that I spent it all and can't pay them back putting me in a lot of debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

Nah think i'll keep it now :D.

Already bought myself the most expensive apartment you can buy, and two new expensive cars along with modding them. I can almost think of a scenario of an economic crash in the game, and the bank/game mods ask for all the money they gave me back, only to find out that I spent it all and can't pay them back putting me in a lot of debt.

be grand, just say the money was just resting in the account and all the assets
    are your girlfriends

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭robvondoom

Just recently finished the story missions and have been messing around getting to 100%. I've been playing with the stock market and the other day managed to grab some cheap shares at 9c each. Sold them off the next day and made just under $2 billion for each character. However, since then I've been noticing some problems with the game. For instance when I tried to purchase the airport hangers, helipad and dock the game wouldn't register the purchase. I'd hit right, and again to confirm but nothing would happen. I've also noticed the traffic is often quite light with much less variety in the cars, often I'm surrounded by dozens of the same car I'm driving myself. The pop up also has seemingly gone from occasional to frequent.

I was wondering has anyone else had the same issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I just bought a tank but I cant seem to find it any help?

Ive tried everywere to look for it.

• Advertisement

mikeym wrote: »

I think you need to call Merryweather or something and they deliver it to a place near your location which appears on your map.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

mikeym wrote: »

Have you checked your hangar at the airport? That's where mine was

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52011/grand-theft-auto-online-holiday-gifts.html

Looks like Los Santos will be bring the festivities online too!

R* are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Named as the biggest disappointment on certain sites year end reviews. Commercially successful sure but a massive let down to many. Hopefully Rockstar can get over this blip and organise themselves for next gen. The fact that they want to continue the Red Dead series excites me. I think they'll be right back on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I think it's only classed as a disappointment because of the unrealistic expectations that were placed on it by media and consumers alike.

There's a lot to complain about in the game, it doesn't have the replayability (IMO) of past games, but it was still one of the best games released last year and I think it'd be foolish to lose sight of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I think that GTA:Online was a seperate entity to V, and V had it's own normal multiplayer, it would be game of the year but the problems with the online has dragged it to the edge of the cliff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Is there heists in the online yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Is there heists in the online yet?

No, and there probably won't be until late 2014. Release date was delayed due to recent hacks apparently.

Haven't played this since October and don't have much to entice me back to it. It was fun while it lasted but ultimately the game doesn't hold a torch to either San Andreas or Vice City for me. No rose tinted glasses either as I have played through both in the past 12 months and they are still as good as ever once you get over the aged graphics (which didn't get to me at all in SA).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Do you have to complete
    Flight School
    in order to get to the next mission? I haven't completed it and websites say you are waiting for a call from
    Trevor
    in order to continue onto the next mission. I haven't got the call yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Do you have to complete
    Flight School
    in order to get to the next mission? I haven't completed it and websites say you are waiting for a call from
    Trevor
    in order to continue onto the next mission. I haven't got the call yet!

Its a while since iv don it but dont you need your pilots licence to continue? So id say ya do.

Advertisement