Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kill 10km Sept 14th 2013

Options
  • 14-09-2013 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Ran this race today and my main point to note was michael mulhare running 29:44 and paddy hamilton coming home 2nd in 30:44 which seem very good times considering a nasty hill on the course. It seemed very well organised by Kill GAA with stewards across the course.

http://actiontiming.ie/results/kill10-chip-timing-race-clock/

Positives
    - quiet country roads for most of the course
    - the guy at mile with an ipad clock showing and calling the times
    - the same guy at 9km shouting a people to push for times
    - km and mile markers
    - good spread afterwards

Bad
    - that section of 800m on the grass at the end
    - turn on the showers please!

Improvements for next year
    - move the start closer to the GAA finish and do some sort of double back loop within the village. It means the runners and spectators get to see more of each other at the start and avoids that xc running at the end.
    - have a course map
    - have a boards thread

I sticks it to the athletic club in the local county town that a GAA club in a small village can put on this level of event. Good job and i'll be back next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Hi, yes I did the kill 10k today and really enjoyed it (bar the cardiac hill halfway through the course!). This was made up for by the platters of donuts and sandwiches in the clubhouse afterward!). I managed to do it in 48.20 a PB for me, so I will definitely come back next year. Big credit to Kill GAA for running a super event, well done lads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

emerald007 wrote: »
    - have a boards thread

They did but one of the moderator nazis (ecoli) deleted it.

Agree with all you say, was a great race. One complaint was the start and finish being over a mile apart. The undulating and hilly sections of the course make it tough enough but still enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

that is the fastest winning time I have seen in two years, something else if it was up hill and on grass, what could the lad do on a fast course?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Yep, the steep hill at about 4k in was a very tough one, had to dig deep to keep moving forward at times! Glad to hear that people think that it was a tough course. I ran the 10k in the Phoenix Park twice and kinda suspected that there would be a killer hill in there somewhere. A mate of mine ran a 45.20 which was very good considering the course and the warm weather, i managed to stay with him for half the race then I became one of the slow bunnies from the Duracell ads! Fair play to the lads that did 29 and 30 minutes .....

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭RAL3

Enjoyed this race and agree with earlier comments in relation to very good organisation.

Whatever about the hill at the 4k mark, the toughest part for me was the last section on grass around the pitch. It was pretty uneven in places and hard to maintain momentum for me anyway.

Minor complaint though, I was happy to be able to break 40 mins for the first time and almost got under 39 in the process.

I will definitely to do this race again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement