Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU II Driver crashes.

Options
  • 14-09-2013 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

So I got a 780 about 3 days ago and The driver keeps crashing over and over.

I have re installed Windows
    I have updated to the latest drivers
    I have used the WHQL Drivers
    I have Updated my motherboards UEFI
    I have reset my UEFI
    I have used different power cables for the graphics card
    I have reset the card to factory settings
    I have added voltage to it
    I have tried different Dual link DVI cables
    I have tired different PCIe lanes

I am in the process of RMAing it but i just want to get your guys opinion on the problem

My system specs are:

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z
    8GB Kingstone HyperX @ 1600
    HX1050 WATT PSU from Corsair
    Samsung 840 pro 256GB SSD

I had a 580 before and it worked perfect with no problem at all.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Worth checking to see if you have this malware running. Plenty of people are stung by it, due to downloading legal or illegal game content. It turns your GPU into a bitcoin miner which in turn can cause crashes like this.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GS540

yoyo wrote: »
    Worth checking to see if you have this malware running. Plenty of people are stung by it, due to downloading legal or illegal game content. It turns your GPU into a bitcoin miner which in turn can cause crashes like this.

Nick

just done a scan and search for it and nothing bad was found.

GS540 wrote: »
    just done a scan and search for it and nothing bad was found.

Anti virus/malware programmes don't always pick up this infection. Look and see if a iehighutil.exe running in task manager

Nick

Ok just checked and its not. I don't pirate games and I just re installed windows so I highly highly doubt that would be on my PC

GS540 wrote: »
    Ok just checked and its not. I don't pirate games and I just re installed windows so I highly highly doubt that would be on my PC

It can get in via Java exploits or even seemingly legitimate free game mods. Wasn't suggesting you pirated stuff :) . Just something I've come across so felt worth mentioning

Nick

• Advertisement

thanks very much for the info Nick. I'm just going to RMA it.

Advertisement