Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a bike painted in Waterford?

• 14-09-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I'm looking to get a mountain bike painted. I was wondering if there is anywhere in Waterford that will do it and for how much?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭JMcL

If you don't fancy the hassle of doing it yourself, you could try a car spraying shop (list here), though I'd ask the lads in Spokes or Waterford Cycle Center to get their opinion. One outlier might be Galco up in Gracedieu http://www.galco.ie/contact-us.php. A mate got a some outdoor radio related gear dipped with them and was happy with the result. I'm not even sure if this is feasible for a bike, and to do it at all you'd need to have the bike stripped completely, at which point you might as well just get out the spray can yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

If you're willing to travel a bit (near Tipp Town), there's a guy there who is apparently savage but the price might also be. Look up mad clown design/painter in Dromkeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ftgu06

there is a guy that does bicycle restoration close to carrick on Suir he does lots of resprays and is an ex pro tour mechanic and his work is brilliant , saw a respray job he done on an old racer and it was beautiful ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

I know a guy near Fermoy, Co.Cork, he has a load of frames done for fellas, excellent work, he 's into bikes as well, so he's very meticulous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Charlie69

jntsnk wrote: »
    I know a guy near Fermoy, Co.Cork, he has a load of frames done for fellas, excellent work, he 's into bikes as well, so he's very meticulous.
    what's his name/phone no ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Will Whelan (086) 193 3693

I've heard a lot of fellas talking about his work, all very happy, it's not a bad idea to give a bike a fresh look.

Advertisement