Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Renting

Options
  • 14-09-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum. I am just about to move into my first rented house (Tuesday), I paid a months deposit and one months rent but Landlord is requesting Septembers rent to be paid next week. Does my one months rent not cover septembers rent??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

it's the correct forum for it all right. did you get receipts for the 2 payments and if so what do they say?

They shouldn't be looking for more rent so quickly unless;
    a) The 2nd amount you paid was an extra form of deposit - that'd be unusual in Ireland
    b) they've messed up and confused you with another tenant who has yet to pay Sept's rent - if so get it sorted immediately as if it drags on the LL will think you never paid originally
    c) they're trying to con you into paying more - unlikely but don't rule it out either,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Septembers rent is not due until this time next month, unless you had agreed something different. The first months rent you paid covers the first month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭OMD

Hi,
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum. I am just about to move into my first rented house (Tuesday), I paid a months deposit and one months rent but Landlord is requesting Septembers rent to be paid next week. Does my one months rent not cover septembers rent??

When did you pay all this? Was this a month ago to hold the house?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Hi,
    If you have paid one months rent in advance this should bring you to 17/10/13 and the rent is due to be paid again.
    Tell the landlord that you have paid and see what reason he is giving for looking for double payment.
    Make sure you are getting receipts if not paying by standing order and also be sure that tenancy is registered with PRTB.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Make sure you are getting receipts if not paying by standing order and also be sure that tenancy is registered with PRTB.

Definitely get receipts but there is no reason for the tenant to worry about whether a property is registered with the PRTB or not.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

djimi wrote: »
    Septembers rent is not due until this time next month, unless you had agreed something different. The first months rent you paid covers the first month.

October's rent you mean? :confused:

Advertisement