Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Studies & a modern language

Options
  • 14-09-2013 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering about the difference between BBS and BBS with a language.

Is the only advantage to having the language that, say for example you do German, that you can work in Germany, or would it be of benefit looking for jobs in Ireland? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I graduated in Business Studies and German in 2012, great course, I recommend doing it over the regular business course.

While some might say it is essentially two courses in one (i.e. a lot more work), it is worth it.

I spent my 2nd year on Erasmus in Graz, Austria, my co-op in Munich and after I graduated, I moved to Frankfurt to work in the banking sector for a year. Just got back to UL to begin a masters.

Even if you don't want to live in a German speaking country, having the language and a business degree can get you a job almost anywhere.

Any questions, let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

1huge1 wrote: »
    While some might say it is essentially two courses in one (i.e. a lot more work), it is worth it.

No quite sure about that. It's the same number of modules for bbs & bbs+language.

I'll agree that the language component requires more than the alternative modules, especially in the first and second years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Yes in terms of numbers, they have the same amount of modules, but the amount of work that you have to put into the one german module, would in my opinion be equivalent to around 3 business modules.

As I said, its a lot of work, but I highly recommend it.

Advertisement