Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capitol Cinema in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

Presumably they would have been returned to the film distributors. Cinemas don't keep the films they show.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Cheers, I never knew that. Fortunately for me though, I'm focusing on films in the 20's and 30's etc. When it took about a year for a release to finally make it to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I did a hunt around last year about old prints (actually in my case it was the case they were delivered in I needed it as a prop) sadly a lot of material got shipped either back to the distributors or over to the UK into the BFI. Also there may be a few private collectors who picked up other titles

Cause the capitol closed down before the IFI was established you probably wont find any films directly linked to the capitol there (unless it ended up there via private collector) but there should be quite a few prints there from the 20's and 30's in the archive regardless.

Advertisement