Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you get in your roll?

Options
  • 15-09-2013 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Looking to get recommendations

EDIT: didn't actually mean breakfast roll, just any roll from deli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭dobman88

Large breakfast roll with butter. No beans, no black pudding, everything else. And either a cup of tea or a bottle of Oasis orange depending on the state I'm in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Eggs never belong on a roll especially from a deli where they've been sitting out for a while, black pudding is questionable but saying that I'm not the biggest fan of black pudding in the world. If you love it then add it in.

Sausage, rasher, white pudding and hash browns with butter and red sauce (put in before fillings to avoid a mess) goes down a treat if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

see edited initial post

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Any reason you are looking for a list of fillings for rolls?

(I'll edit the thread title for you.)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 21 PonyLuv

Chicken, bacon + egg mayo...

God I'm hungry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Dont get a roll get a bap with mayo, sweet chilli, lettuce, cucumber, peppers, cheese and the meat of your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

Any reason you are looking for a list of fillings for rolls?

(I'll edit the thread title for you.)

Just looking for good ideas. Thanks for edit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Coleslaw,tomato,scallion/onion and spicy chicken fillet in a wrap yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Spicy chicken fillet & potato salad would be my go-to roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭Archeron

Crispy roll, real butter and sliced ham. Nothing better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

tuna and mayo, no sweetcorn, small dash of red onion and cheese, or else, hash brown egg and cheese, or else hash brown coleslaw and cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 channro

chicken, coleslaw and red sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Chicken and sage stuffing on a roll is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

If it's one of those soft Subway-style rolls, then turkey slices, lettuce, tomato and red onion.
    If it's a crispy, Cusine-de-France style roll, then ham. Followed by packet of King and a bottle of Coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

not a roll, i go for a wrap, but this would work just as well in a roll if you're into that kind of thing. ;)

from the deli: taco sauce, grated cheese, red onion, sweetcorn, jalapenos and hot spicy chicken.

from subway: Footlong Italian BMT on herbs & cheese roll, toasted with spicy cheese, plus chipotle southwest sauce, lettuce, onion, jalapenos and olives.

and that's why i'm fat! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Figs...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Chicken, coleslaw, cheese. If I'm hungover I'd go for breaded chicken instead of normal chicken.

If I'm trying to be healthier then tuna, lettuce, sweetcorn and a little mayo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭bezerk

Coleslaw, Mayo, Chicken, Stuffing, Red Onion, Lettuce, Tomoato and Cheese, heavnly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

frag420 wrote: »
    Figs...

How do you get them in??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Roll, Butter and Mayo, Goats Cheese, Stuffing, Jalapenos and Spicy Chicken fillet.

Only place that has the goats cheese from experience is the golden centra on Dame's street where it hits Georges street in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Two eggs two rasher two sausage two Bacon Two puddins one Black and white
    All placed like a tower on top of each other and then wrapped up good and
    tight
    If you¹re having some tea the milks over there and you¹ll find sugar in the bowl
    Says she Do you want some sauce on that says I, I do in my roll

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

How do you get them in??;)

Yer one behind the deli does it for me. I'm too busy looking at her baps to see how she got the figs in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

fussyonion wrote: »
    If it's one of those soft Subway-style rolls, then turkey slices, lettuce, tomato and red onion.
    If it's a crispy, Cusine-de-France style roll, then ham. Followed by packet of King and a bottle of Coke.

I just found my 'roll' soul-mate.
    Exactly what I like in rolls... Which I don't think I've had since I was in school!

Soft - turkey, lettuce, tom, red onion.
    Crispy - ham. Wth crisps.

Anyone ever get a roll with wedges and Ketchup? So So nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

bezerk wrote: »
    Anyone ever get a roll with wedges and Ketchup? So So nice

Glob a bit of mayo on there and you got yourself a roll god damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

Spicy chicken fillet & potato salad would be my go-to roll.

What joy - someone else who likes potato salad in a roll. My regular lunch is roll or bap with ham, coleslaw, and potato salad. When I talk about potato salad in a roll people look at me as if I have two heads!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 deezer523

Depends on what shop but at the mo it's a soft roll with butter tuna chicken and egg mayo plenty of protein !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

frag420 wrote: »
    Figs...

I see what you did there ;)

I like grated cheese, chopped up peppers, onion and mild (not spicy) relish from the sandwich counter near my job. Toasted. On a wrap as it toasts quicker. Job done.

Add meat if you like, I usually don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

vibe666 wrote: »
    not a roll, i go for a wrap, but this would work just as well in a roll if you're into that kind of thing. ;)

from the deli: taco sauce, grated cheese, red onion, sweetcorn, jalapenos and hot spicy breaded chicken.

THIS!
    I'd alternate the sauce between taco and sweet chilli.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I rarely get a roll but when I do, it HAS to have beetroot in it. Maybe chicken, coleslaw and beetroot.

If I treat myself to a gourmet roll [i.e. the Sandwich Stall in the English Market], I'd go for spiced beef, sauerkraut and some sort of thousand islandy dressing.

Advertisement