Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you get in your roll?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Wrap with sweetchilli, baked ham, chicken, onion, sweetcorn , peppers, tomato, more sweetchilli on top then toasted, served hot with sum mayo. heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Hot chicken lettuce tomato mayo and streaky bacon mmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

KKkitty wrote: »
    Chicken and sage stuffing on a roll is lovely.

Too dry.

nompere wrote: »
    What joy - someone else who likes potato salad in a roll. My regular lunch is roll or bap with ham, coleslaw, and potato salad. When I talk about potato salad in a roll people look at me as if I have two heads!

Potato salad is great in a sandwich/roll with chicken, turkey or beef. Maybe not so much with ham. Has to be nice smooth potato salad though, not lumpy stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Spicy chicken fillet & potato salad would be my go-to roll.

I'm similar, but plain chicken and a bit of lettuce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Too dry.

Potato salad is great in a sandwich/roll with chicken, turkey or beef. Maybe not so much with ham. Has to be nice smooth potato salad though, not lumpy stuff.

I like the texture of a potato salad made with potatoes that are cooked, peeled, cooled, roughly chopped, and then mixed with chopped spring onion and mayonnaise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Egg mayo and a good deli ham like Shaws - mmmmm. I'm very fussy on the kind of egg mayo also so either home made with lots of mayo or I think Dunnes do a nice one - mmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There was a centra near me did breakfast rolls, and charged per item, most of them were dried up & nasty items, bacon was alright though but you would get miserable amounts with the other items.

I then copped on if you just ordered a single item -bacon, you got loads of it, I presume they figured it would look very scabby to give you a roll with the usual tiny amount. So you got a decent cheap "1 item roll" with filling that probably cost more than the fillings in a typical "3-4 item roll".

Regular roll -southern fried chicken, mayo, red onion, red peppers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

rubadub wrote: »
    There was a centra near me did breakfast rolls, and charged per item, most of them were dried up & nasty items, bacon was alright though but you would get miserable amounts with the other items.

I then copped on if you just ordered a single item -bacon, you got loads of it, I presume they figured it would look very scabby to give you a roll with the usual tiny amount. So you got a decent cheap "1 item roll" with filling that probably cost more than the fillings in a typical "3-4 item roll".

Regular roll -southern fried chicken, mayo, red onion, red peppers.

Victory - you get a roll with one filling for the same price as a roll with a variety of fillings :confused:. Doesn't make any sense to me. If the items weren't nice, I'd get my roll somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭TommiesTank

Chicken, coleslaw and grated cheddar cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Faith wrote: »
    Victory - you get a roll with one filling for the same price as a roll with a variety of fillings
    No, it was cheaper, I said they charge per item. Or else had fixed charges like 1 roll 1 filling €1.50, roll +2 fillings €2.00, 3 items 2.50.

If you ordered with 3 items you might get 1.5 bits of bacon, order just bacon and you could get 4 or so.

Some pizza places tend to do the same, the more toppings you get the less of each goes on.
    Faith wrote: »
    If the items weren't nice, I'd get my roll somewhere else.
    I was saying the bacon was alright, there were no other places on my way to work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

nompere wrote: »
    I like the texture of a potato salad made with potatoes that are cooked, peeled, cooled, roughly chopped, and then mixed with chopped spring onion and mayonnaise.

Yes to the spring onion and mayonnaise. Just don't like it too lumpy. A personal preference I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Has to have egg mayonnaise no matter what and red onion. I also like to add sweetcorn and a little bit of iceberg lettuce.

I'm obsessed with egg mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

Brown Multiseed Roll
    Mayo, no butter
    Turkey - off the bone if possible - or Spiced Beef (only from 1 shop!)
    Tomato
    Rocket
    Cheese
    Small bit of coleslaw
    Salt and pepper

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

Never go for a roll, always get a sambo on brown and chicken tikka/tuna, lettuce, mayo tomato and red onion...heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

About the only sandwich/roll from a counter that I enjoy (occasionally) is brown bread with rashers, hash brown and brown sauce - that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I generally get waaay too much coleslaw or grated cheese, despite saying to the person serving me, "Just a little bit of coleslaw and grated cheese."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I just can't to standard deli rolls any more. Can't face the boredom of them and the crap ingredients. Luckily I work near Lillyput Stores in Arbour Hill. Bread from Arun bakery. Fancy Irish cheeses (e.g. coolatin) and meats (proper baked ham, pastrami, smoked chicken etc). Great homemade salads, harrisa, pesto, hummus etc. They have pre made rolls and sambos. Normally 4-5 different types every day. Delicious. €4.50? Worth every penny.

Oh, they use extra virgin olive oil instead of butter where there is no other hummus, harrisa etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Swampy wrote: »
    I just can't to standard deli rolls any more. Can't face the boredom of them and the crap ingredients. Luckily I work near Lillyput Stores in Arbour Hill. Bread from Arun bakery. Fancy Irish cheeses (e.g. coolatin) and meats (proper baked ham, pastrami, smoked chicken etc). Great homemade salads, harrisa, pesto, hummus etc. They have pre made rolls and sambos. Normally 4-5 different types every day. Delicious. €4.50? Worth every penny.

Oh, they use extra virgin olive oil instead of butter where there is no other hummus, harrisa etc.

G'way with your fancy muck!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Two eggs two rasher two sausage two Bacon Two puddins one Black one white

• Registered Users Posts: 4 likeachat

Chicken, avocado, mayo and some finely sliced lettuce - also like the same but smoked salmon instead of chicken

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Butter, strawberry jam, cheese and mayonnaise, don't knock it till you've tried it

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

Tuna, mayo, sweet corn, small bit of red onion and jalapeños.... Awesome

Advertisement