Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Phone

• 15-09-2013 5:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

Ummm... Found a phone last night after night clubs (I'm not giving any details... you'll need to confirm these to prove its your phone!) but its Samsung Galaxy S3. I've charged it and kept it on but it's on the lockscreen.

Pm me if you or someone you know may own it.

I'll drop it into the garda station if it's not claimed by tomorrow night :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

Aw it is so nice that there are still good people out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

skirtgirl wrote: »

I've been on the wrong end of this situation my self before and I'd have given anything to get my phone back.

I'm just hoping it can get sent home :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

skirtgirl wrote: »

2nd that - Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Keep it with you for another few days...turned on and charged.
    The owner will probably ring it today to see if anyone answers.
    If you hand it in to the Guards they will probably just switch it off (or pull the battery) and the owner will possibly never get it back.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Keep it with you for another few days...turned on and charged.
    The owner will probably ring it today to see if anyone answers.
    If you hand it in to the Guards they will probably just switch it off (or pull the battery) and the owner will possibly never get it back.

Yeah I know bu what i fear is how it puts me in "disposition" of sorts. Being in possession of property thats not mine etc? :(

Phone still hasnt rang. Plenty of FB nd Snapchats and vibers. Interrupting ones sleep :(

• Advertisement

Say it to the night club too. Fair play for the effort. Posting this from my phone that I lost last night and was reunited with a while ago. Not nice losing a phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Miike wrote: »
    Yeah I know bu what i fear is how it puts me in "disposition" of sorts. Being in possession of property thats not mine etc? :(

Phone still hasnt rang. Plenty of FB nd Snapchats and vibers. Interrupting ones sleep :(

Hang onto it for a while and leave it on, I wouldn't worry too much about having property that's not yours, you're making an effort to find the owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

Or, maybe they have lookout installed, and they reported the phone stolen, and gave the Gard's the GPS co-ordinates. You could end up with the cops at your door, and the "I was minding it for them, and I was just about to turn it in", story won't fly.

Nino Brown wrote: »
    Or, maybe they have lookout installed, and they reported the phone stolen, and gave the Gard's the GPS co-ordinates. You could end up with the cops at your door, and the "I was minding it for them, and I was just about to turn it in", story won't fly.

I highly doubt that will happen. Could make a good movie though

I highly doubt that will happen. Could make a good movie though

You joke now, but later tonight...............

me09.gif

• Advertisement

I found the owner :)! My door is safe for now! :D

Miike wrote: »
    I found the owner :)! My door is safe for now! :D

Good job, fair play to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Great! Out of curiosity - did the owner ring the phone or how did they re-unite with it? Nice story, was following the thread and wondering if it would have a happy ending. Glad it did :)

One of their friends rang it and I got him to give pass on my own number to save the hassle :)

The owner had all but given up because when I found it, it was dead. He wasn't expecting someone to take it home charge it and return it :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Stories like this restore my faith in humanity a little.

Well done OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Great stuff, Miike! Well done. You're one good guy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

On the the S4 you can put info on the lock screen, I'm sure its the same on the S3 and iirc it was there on S2 too.

I have my home no and my name on the lock screen - in case the phone is found by someone like the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

I found an iPhone 4 a few months ago. Locked etc. I opened the SIM card port and found out it was an O2 sim. Called into O2 in Cruises St who contacted the owner who called me and arranged collection.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Stories like this restore my faith in humanity a little.

Well done OP.
    tippman1 wrote: »
    Great stuff, Miike! Well done. You're one good guy :)

Thanks lads! :)
    Mc Love wrote: »
    On the the S4 you can put info on the lock screen, I'm sure its the same on the S3 and iirc it was there on S2 too.

I have my home no and my name on the lock screen - in case the phone is found by someone like the OP

I've this done too but I also have Cerberus installed, the best app since P*rnhub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 FatMickey

Great stuff OP

Good things happen to good people :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement