Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify this kayak please

• 15-09-2013 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭

Hi fellow yak and canoe friends,

i have a kayak i got from a friend and i am trying to identify it.
    It paddles fine and it sure weather cocks plenty but acceptable.
    Its exact same as this one: http://www.donedeal.ie/watersports-for-sale/price-drop-13ft-kayak/5559367

Its a single hatch, no bulkheads but a bag under the hatch and has a rudder attachment hole on the back.
    I am almost sure its a perception and may a carolina older model.
    Its ca 12 1/2 foot so it could be labeled 12 12.5 or 13 .

Any input is appreciated.
    I can upload pictures, no numbers at the stern at all.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,245 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ring the seller on that donedeal add and ask him what type of kayak it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

tried that but he doesn't know he thinks perception too. doesn't matter so much was just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭xt40

ive no idea what it is but it looks a bit sleeker with a more angular bow than a perception carolina which looks like a bit of a tub.
    All perceptions seem to have a very distinctive wavy line designed each side of their deck so are fairly easy to identify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Paint job looks very like a Perception ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

Yeah that was made me sure it must be a perception but i dont think its carolina. must be some close related model. it would be just handy to know the name. whats also strange that this seems to have no identify numbers on stern at all. very unlike perception

• Advertisement
Advertisement