Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Associated member apply for lisence ?

Options
  • 15-09-2013 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi first time posting

Just wondering can an associate member of a club apply for a shotgun lisence as full memberships aren't processed until June in my local club ? Single barrel shotgun that I got from my father. I don't want to pay membership and than find out I can't get a lisence.

Thanks for all help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Judging by your name I assume you have land apply for vermin control and hunting on your land if you have some and if not get some land owners to sign letters of permission for you and apply . you don't need gun club membership to apply this way

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭futurefarmer

Thanks for reply, no land of my own just moved to a new area and was advised by local super to join a gun club ! Maybe I should just call into the station and ask will associated membership do until I get my full next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭deano2882

Thanks for reply, no land of my own just moved to a new area and was advised by local super to join a gun club ! Maybe I should just call into the station and ask will associated membership do until I get my full next summer

ur aswel to pay ful membership and apply then...duck season isn long in and pheasant not in till november so not like u missin out on half the season and paying full membership u still hav a gud few months of shooting so not gonna be a waste of money....

I will be paying full membership but I will not be ratified until there Agm which is in June next year so I will only be an associated member until than !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I will be paying full membership but I will not be ratified until there Agm which is in June next year so I will only be an associated member until than !

Get a receipt or a letter to say you've joined the club. That should do the job.

Whether you are an associate member or full member, you are still a member of the club.

• Advertisement

Thanks battle that's what I was wondering, I will keep a copy and send it off in the morn

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭deano2882

Thanks battle that's what I was wondering, I will keep a copy and send it off in the morn

i no in my club theres always a few that pay after agm including myself as i was away at time of agm this year they jus send off them later i only got my insurance card last week as it was second batch of insurance fee.s to be sent in...but as said get letter off club stating u hav paid and all tht...

Advertisement