Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness plan on a budget..

• 15-09-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, just looking for some advice.

I'm 5 10' and 13.5 stone. I'm overweight and trying to lose fat. Basically I'm armed with running shoes, some dumbells and whey protein. I'm not in a position to pay for a gym membership, unfortunately.

I jog about 5KM 5 days a week and when I'm finished my jog I do a 15-30 minute routine with the dumbells. Usually just leg, back, chest and arm work.

I'm a vegetarian and have a decent-enough diet. My main meal everyday usually consists of potatoes and veg. I've also cut out high-carb snacks and bread out of my diet.

I started the above workout about 2/3 months ago and have noticed good improvements. More definition in my chest and stomach region and fat lost around my face etc. I've also gone from a tight size 36 jeans to a comfortable fitting 34.

I'm just wondering should I just keep up what I'm doing or could anyone recommended some improvements to what I do that wont cost too much? I have a bit of a bulge on my lower belly. What could I do to help with that? What foods should I avoid or exercises could I take up?

I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

The simplest thing to do to add something to your training would be to book into D8 fitness kettlebell workshop.

It's a 3 hour workshop that will show you 7-8 movements with a KB for €50 and you'll get a 16kg KB to take home with you.

There's an awful lot you'll be able to do with that one piece of equipment.

You could then look at some body weight exercises, and instead of just jogging all the time, you could find a hill near you, and sprint up it 10 times instead of one or two of the jogs.

As for food, stick to whole foods as much as possible.
    Meat/chicken/eggs/veg/some fruit & some starch

Avoid processed food & refined sugars.
    Get some protein with every meal & try to reduce starchy carbohydrate consumption to reasonable levels

Aim for 40:30:30 Carb:Lipid:Protein ratio.

Advertisement