Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panel heating

Options
  • 15-09-2013 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but hopefully you can help. I have just moved into a new apartment and it is fitted with Creda storage heaters in the main room and Quartz electric panel heaters in the bedrooms. The bedroom heaters don't seem to be letting heat out though. I have turned them on at the mains and the red light as come on but they are not letting heat out. Any ideas what I should do? Its both of them so Im wondering if there is something else I need to turn on somewhere.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

KimBlaides wrote: »
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but hopefully you can help. I have just moved into a new apartment and it is fitted with Creda storage heaters in the main room and Quartz electric panel heaters in the bedrooms. The bedroom heaters don't seem to be letting heat out though. I have turned them on at the mains and the red light as come on but they are not letting heat out. Any ideas what I should do? Its both of them so Im wondering if there is something else I need to turn on somewhere.

Thank you for your help.
    Try posting in Rec-Home and gardens-electrical

Hardly an Electric Ireland issue but the guys on electrical will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Dantanian

Thank you for your help.
    There might be two switches / spur outlets on the wall if they are Storage Heaters. One would be for the night rate electricity where the heater would come on at night so it can store the electricity at the night rate and let it out continuously during the day.
    The other thing it might be is that the thermostat is turned down on the side of the heater and may need to be turned back up.
    If you are renting you should contact your landlord and he will have to get it sorted for you.
    I recently got our landlord to replace the storage heater in our living area as it was old not working right and stank when using it. As i work for an Electrical company i got a Faro Heater at the right price. They are brilliant and i would highly recommend one of these if you are replacing it!! I have two left over from a project if your interested.
    Hope the advice helps anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Thank you for your help.
    Hi KimBlaides,

We see you may take your query to another forum on Boards. If you require any further assistance here on the Electric Ireland forum, do let us know.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement