Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimate for Repair to Glass Pane in uPVC Window

Options
  • 15-09-2013 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

The outer pane of glass in one of our double glazed uPVC casement windows was broken recently. There's a full length crack the length of the pane. Is this kind of thing usually repairable? The dimensions of the broken piece of glass are about 24x54 inches. There are windows on either side of the broken pane - just the middle section of the full window is damaged.

I'm not looking for a definite price obviously, but what would be an estimate for the repair of this kind of damage? We'd be looking to have the sheet of glass actually replaced, is this even doable?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

The outer pane of glass in one of our double glazed uPVC casement windows was broken recently. There's a full length crack the length of the pane. Is this kind of thing usually repairable? The dimensions of the broken piece of glass are about 24x54 inches. There are windows on either side of the broken pane - just the middle section of the full window is damaged.

I'm not looking for a definite price obviously, but what would be an estimate for the repair of this kind of damage? We'd be looking to have the sheet of glass actually replaced, is this even doable?

Thanks.

The double glazed unit will have to be replaced, it's not a big job.
    Contact a Glazier in your area who will give you a price, they will measure the unit,get a new one made and change it over.
    Surprised if it costs a hundred yo-yo's.
    Check your house Insurance,first, you may have cover for glass breakage, in which case the Insc Co will arrange it all

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Salander Roque

Thanks Martin. That's a bit of a load off my mind, these kinds of accidents always happen at the worst times and I've been eating myself worrying about what it might cost. Hopefully you're in the ballpark! Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I got a double glazed window replaced a while ago just the glass its about four foot square in georgian style and it cost me a hundred euro fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tails_naf

Can anyone recommend a company for replacing glazing units in Cork/Tipperary?

Called MJ today and they wanted 70 euro for a call out to measure the glass - even after giving them the order code we had for it (it was originally from MJ). So basically anybody but them would do at this stage!

Thanks in advance

Advertisement