Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a leaked copy, can I play it?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭circadian

Half my friends list are playing it. Delivered yesterday from amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Unless they have scanned it through the till you have no idea of knowing who sold it, if you say otherwise you're just bull****ting.

Of course if someone logs on, scans the game through (which is usually impossible anyway as games usually can't scan before street date) and sells it before street date you can see who it is as it'll have their name on the transactions.

Each individual disc does not have a unique code or anything like that. You make it sound like it'd be complicated for a retailer to track down which employee sold it when that's not really the case at all.

Each store would get an email from Head office if a punblisher complains. Store would launch an investigation. Most of the time someone will admit it. If not stock is checked. Stores with a missing copy check thier CCTV. Simples, a process I have personally carried out for Gamestop and GAME when they were trading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭circadian

Publishers won't be able to pinpoint which store it may have been sold from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Bepolite wrote: »
    Each store would get an email from Head office if a punblisher complains. Store would launch an investigation. Most of the time someone will admit it. If not stock is checked. Stores with a missing copy check thier CCTV. Simples, a process I have personally carried out for Gamestop and GAME when they were trading.

That's completely different to what we were talking about. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

EGriff wrote: »
    That's completely different to what we were talking about. :rolleyes:

Completely different from what you're talking about as you don't understand the process hence why I said you don't know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

This is pretty academic; as you said a few posts back, this is pirate copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Jaysus lads, I think the waiting is driving everyone mad.

OP, nobody's going to give you proper advice about pirated games here, but thanks for playing along, its been nice having you, give our regards to your friend and we wish you the best of luck with your future relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Bepolite wrote: »
    Completely different from what you're talking about as you don't understand the process hence why I said you don't know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

This is pretty academic; as you said a few posts back, this is pirate copy.

I know exactly what I'm talking about: the ability to trace where a disk came from over XBL or PSN.

You drifted off to talking about some irrelevant in-store investigation and now we're going in circles. No ones going to be investigating the 100s/1000s of people already playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

Support the Devs. Otherwise it's just warez

Oh dear. Passionate nerd over here, nice lingo mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

A website name isn't lingo.

A website name isn't lingo.

Oh dear. I think you'll find it is lingo, for distributed pirate works. Website names came after it. Nice fail at being a smart arse though. Pffft, laughed at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Oh dear. I think you'll find it is lingo, for distributed pirate works. Website names came after it. Nice fail at being a smart arse though. Pffft, laughed at!

Smart arse? You called someone a ''passionate nerd'' because he said to support rockstar. Pffft, laughed at.

Smart arse? You called someone a ''passionate nerd'' because he said to support rockstar. Pffft, laughed at.

Double fail. Don't try and redeem yourself mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Answer to this is: Stop being cheap and buy the Game. Support the Devs. Otherwise it's just warez

Agreed, let's not forget Take Two were on the verge of bankruptcy not so long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Edenane

OP, just play the game if you can. They are not going to track you down, I don't know if your copy will work but give it a go.
    Don't go online. Just don't.
    Though, buy the game properly when you get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

A passionate nerd?, remember what forums your posting in.(gtav forum) You also clearly understand what warez refers too. You as much of a nerd as I am.

Also the op is about using a pirated copy of a game. I always assumed most legit websites stayed away from talking about warez/pirated copies of items.

Also just seen this sign at GS liffey street. Open at 22:00 for midnight launch

Advertisement