Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shop is going into old Atlantic Homecare?

Options
  • 15-09-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

what large store is moving into the large atlantic homecare in galway shopping centre?

heard it was a large 2 euro store or something?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5RnT5-LlajJG-Eql3iq5VOvn510Hm2FjJomEEtJaLyi8lQJbSimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-LfKB5LdReaqBaFf4A-bIHat-DIFrAO1SHzGsMSG1V8EkchgrOIp-kfk

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Oh yay. Sorry, I actually meant to say 'meh'...

'cp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Does anybody know when it's due to open?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

Nice to see that space finally being occupied, slightly off topic looks like Homestore & more may be on it's way too good news for Galway http://gis.galwaycity.ie/ePlan/InternetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails.asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=FS7913

Just been there. Very nice, friendly staff. An upmarket poundshop :D
    They have cherry coke cans and have 2 x 2l milk for €2.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

snubbleste wrote: »
    Just been there. Very nice, friendly staff. An upmarket poundshop :D
    They have cherry coke cans and have 2 x 2l milk for €2.50

Any freebies for their opening day?

Any freebies for their opening day?
    Hello, Welcome, a smile, another smile and piped musak, Do come again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Is the shopping area huge or is a lot of it taken up with storage? Might try and sneak a look before work if I can numb my man flu.
    Do they sell Lemsip or tranquillisers?

• Advertisement

The aisles are quite spacious. It appears slightly bigger than Lidl, and they have trollies. Some stuff is more expensive than in Tesco where it is on offer ie. Walkers 6 pack, Lyons tea.

dunno if they sell Lemsip, they do in the UK for a £1 though, you might as well check and provide a detailed critique of the store :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

So where will the art gallery for next years Arts Festival go? It is the same place isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

So where will the art gallery for next years Arts Festival go? It is the same place isn't it?

An informed guess would suggest elsewhere.

Sooo, no one else been to this magnificent retail emporium?
    thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Eh, might have a gander this weekend if I'm going to Eddie's whateverthenameisnow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

was there on Saturday. everything or least most things are €1.49. reminds me of the 2 euro shop but alot more stock.
    their cards are very nice, birthday cards etc.. not cheap looking like the €2 shops are.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

snubbleste wrote: »
    Sooo, no one else been to this magnificent retail emporium?
    thoughts?

Three times! Must say it is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Its a big pound shop, i dont get the excitement/wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,463 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Oops, forgot to give my 'review'. Went in Thursday afternoon. Was quiet enough. Serious amount of staff working there including at least six security people (probably because it was opening day). Nearly walked out again when I seen a full aisle of Christmas decorations and selection boxes etc already in situe but I persevered.
    Although it is very big, a lot if the lines are repeated in various places throughout the store. I came across some stuff in at least five different positions. Most of the stuff can be bought in the other Pound Shops only branded differently but don't know if the quality is any different (one of the girls from the Euro Shop was in having a good nosey around). There were a few bargains I spotted (deodorants, books, DVDs, pet food, milk, watches) but a lot of the known brand products can be got just as cheap or cheaper in the supermarkets a lot of the time. The place is addictive though, I managed to spend 18 quid in about twenty minutes.
    The staff may have been sent to the McDonalds school of training as they tried to 'supersize' me with a bag of jellies for 1.49 when I got to one of the cashpoints (think there are eight of them) and was told how 'the staff love working there when it's busy' (dunno how she knew that as the place was only open a few hours).
    Overall, it's an OK place but I wouldn't go out of my way to shop there but the location is handy and I will probably pop in on my visits to Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Its a big pound shop, i dont get the excitement/wonder!

I have always been a sucker for a pound shop!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

There is one in Athlone.

Its good for some stuff, you can get decent pet stuff from time to time (Bowls, toys etc). Sometimes they sell 3 cans of Brandy for €1.49 which is much cheaper than anywhere else, even the 12 packs in Tesco or whatever. Some people question the quality of Brandy food in general though)

There alright for cables (e.g. HDMI if they are in stock)

They are ok for cookery stuff, some of it is hit and miss. There big lunchboxes are not very airtight, grand for sandwhiches, not great for storing cereal or whatever.

They change stock of the good stuff regularly enough. i.e. they run out of good stuff regularly enough

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Sounds like it's basically the same as Mr Price. Is that a fair reflection?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

aw wrote: »
    Sounds like it's basically the same as Mr Price. Is that a fair reflection?

Mr Price don't do "everything for 1.49", so you can get some pricier stuff. You just never know what they're going to have in. Saw HP printers selling there a couple of days ago (around 40 euro, I think).

Advertisement