Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewing a Pilsner

Options
  • 15-09-2013 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I'm fairly new to the home brewing so I hope below makes sense
    I'm brewing a coopers pilsner and have a quick question about fermenting. The instructions say to leave it in the fermenter for 5-6 days. It's now been 7 days and I'm after taking a reading on the hydrometer and it's still not in the "bottling zone" (I.E the yellow mark on the hydrometer). Todays reading was below the black mark at 45 (approximate sugar grammes per litre). The fermenter is still bubbling through the air valve every few minutes. Doe this mean i should leave it for a few more days?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Give it at least two weeks and make sure you're getting consistent readings several days apart before bottling.

Rushing a beer is more likely to mess it up than leaving it too long, so take your time.

Advertisement