Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HISTORY

• 15-09-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

What essays are you learning in D&D and politics in NI for 2014?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

MrAweesome wrote: »
    What essays are you learning in D&D and politics in NI for 2014?

For D&D just Russia (Stalin and Lenin) as one of them comes up every year as for NI don't know as we wont start them until the case studies are done

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

You're taking a chance there, I'm
    gonna learn 4 to be safe ?

MrAweesome wrote: »
    You're taking a chance there, I'm
    gonna learn 4 to be safe ?

How if there's only 2 and the general topic comes up every year? I could learn about Italy or Germany or the other smaller essays but frankly I find Soviet Russia better and easier to learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Please don't take chances. Learn all your Fascist dictators, theres probably only 2 or 3 essays each. One year, Russia didn't come up.

oncex wrote: »
    Please don't take chances. Learn all your Fascist dictators, theres probably only 2 or 3 essays each. One year, Russia didn't come up.

More than that, theres about 2 for Italy and Germany and also comparison essays eg Church and State etc. so in reality you're learning more than you need to, also what year exactly was this? Every year I've seen had Russia come up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

More than that, theres about 2 for Italy and Germany and also comparison essays eg Church and State etc. so in reality you're learning more than you need to, also what year exactly was this? Every year I've seen had Russia come up.

I sat it in 2013 and am repeating and wish i had every aspect covered, however I didn't! our class didn't do the war as a whole which came up in the 2007 exam paper. The soviet union came up but not in the way you'd expect. I suppose if you had covered this aspect too you're sorted but its your future, are you going to take the risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MrAweesome

I'm gonna learn soviet union, nazi state, and Britain in inter war .

Advertisement