Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A US Kindle in Ireland, will I get ads?

• 15-09-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

If I buy a Kindle in the US and bring it home (and chose the cheaper ad-supported version) will I get ads when I use it in Ireland?

Since the UK kindle version doesn't have ads I was wondering if buying it in the us would save a few quid.

90euro vs 130euro.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Bump!

Surprised no one has had this situation already. Basicslly, US kindle in Ireland, ads or no ads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭groom

I've had a US 'Special offers' Kindle for 18 months now. You only get the special offers on the sleep screen or at the bottom 15% of the screen and only on menu pages (i.e. never within a book) and only when you have wi-fi turned on.

I haven't turned on wi-fi on it in months so on the sleep screen I get 'please turn on wi-fi to receive special offers'. When I did have it turned on the special offers were quite interesting.

I would recommend one.

I think it was $70 - $80 when I got one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Finally.

Thanks!

Yeah the one I have is still $69 with free delivery within the states if you're over there or can get someone to reship it to you

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007HCCNJU/ref=sa_menu_kdptq

• Advertisement
Advertisement