Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(DCG - LC) Reusable Water Bottle Survey

Options
  • 15-09-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Short version: I'm doing some research for a project for the Leaving Certificate and I am wondering if anybody who owns a reusable water bottle would be able to assist my research by answering a very short survey (ten questions) here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2VB9K2H about the reusable water bottle that they own, what factors are important when purchasing, and what activities you use the water bottle in conjunction with.

Longer version: I'm studying the subject "Design and Communication Graphics" for the Leaving Certificate. The exam is broken down into two parts, a project and a written paper. The project is worth 40% of the examination (the written test, of course, is sixty) and students are tasked with carrying out a design investigation of a topic, reporting their findings, and then designing their own product or alternatively making a modification to an existing product. Past topics include controllers, sat navs and lecterns (the project last year). This year the topic is "Reusable Water Bottles" and the brief is the following:
    Due to this topic, I am hoping that some people who own a reusable water bottle would be able to assist me by taking a few minutes (but, in all likelihood, it will probably take less than that) to answer the ten questions; the purpose of which is to display some of the results in the first part (of "Section A") of the project where one must "[explore the] brief and [present] existing artefacts in graphic format" (pie charts and bar charts to accompany the analysis of the brief), and to assist in the "B" part of the project where one must "Develop and graphically communicate a new concept design for a reusable water bottle based on a selected theme or target market" (by allowing me to see what is the most common type of water bottle, and the most common usage).

One thing that is worth noting is that I'm not profiting from the results of the survey, or the project, in any form; the reusable water bottle that must be designed is done through Solidworks and isn't physically constructed, marks are being awarded primarily for the design concept so if the reusable water bottle would not physically work it doesn't have an impact upon the result (of course, if it's completely unfeasible it will work against you, but for the most part it is not a major concern).

Regarding the 'cap type' question, these are what I am referring to [if an incorrect cap is accidentally selected, or you are not sure, this is not an issue] (of a similar nature, not the precise cap displayed in the picture since the designs may vary of course):
    I've asked a moderator if it was acceptable a few days prior to the creation of this thread and thankfully have received the all-clear (and time is of the essence for the "A" part since, despite the January deadline, the vast majority of this is going to be spent on Solidworks, the "B" part, and freehand sketches). I'm hoping I can get some responses; a large amount of primary research is not required (in fact, it isn't specified that you need any, but while searching for marks anything helps) so I am very grateful to anybody who takes the time to fill out the survey.

Finally, before I forget, seeking outside assistance is strictly prohibited regarding aspects such as freehand drawing, presentation, designing a new product, etc. so the help I am seeking is solely with regard to the survey.

Oh and just incase it's not clear, once more, the survey is here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2VB9K2H

Thanks once again for any responses (I haven't used image tags as the pictures are quite large, I hope this is ok).

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement