Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of J1 would I be eligible to apply for as a part-time student?

Options
  • 15-09-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭

What type of J1's could I apply for as a part-time student under 30?

I have looked at the charter and the sayit/usit websites so basically I can do most of the J1's except the one for full-time students.

I'd be looking for one for short-term rather than long term. I've already got a degree and done and doing a level 8 course as a Mature student. Now if I were to do a Masters full-time would I be entitled to apply to the J1 after completing the Masters? Or can I apply to the J1 after completing the level 8 course even if it was as a part-time student but not apply till after completing/graduate from the course?

So be able to do a trainee internship relevant to my course? Is that what I be looking into if doing something onto a J1 type of thing/working visa?

Advertisement