Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RGT Exams- Leaving Cert Points.

Options
  • 15-09-2013 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Currently I'm studying for my Grade 5 and 6 acoustic guitar; and I recently found out that Grade 6 and over are recognised for UCAS points in the UK. I was wondering whether the same applies when applying to Universities in Ireland (i.e are extra points from Grade 6 added to your LC points?) Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Not when I was teaching it I'm afraid. The best thing about the RGt for the LC is that if you're doing music as a subject it is a very definite aid as the curriculum is quite liberal and very performance focused.

Maybe aim for an A in music and keep your head down in the books for the rest of the subjects.

{Insert old person LC clichés here such as "it's important to do as well as you can but it's not life defining etc."}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 buttercup33

Not when I was teaching it I'm afraid. The best thing about the RGt for the LC is that if you're doing music as a subject it is a very definite aid as the curriculum is quite liberal and very performance focused.

Maybe aim for an A in music and keep your head down in the books for the rest of the subjects.

{Insert old person LC clichés here such as "it's important to do as well as you can but it's not life defining etc."}

Thanks, I had a chat with my music teacher and I'm going to do grade 5 and 6 this year and take a break for next year. thanks for the reply! :)

Advertisement