Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corke Abbey, Bray

Options
  • 15-09-2013 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi , we're moving to Bray area shortly.
    Looking at house in Corke Abbey - any views on that side of town , traffic, schools etc etc.??
    Also heard there might be a Dart station planned for Woodbrook.
    Is that for real ?? Any tips/views greatly appreciated.:rolleyes::)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

having lived there in 20 years but they were talking about that DART station back then. in fact i think they built the platforms back then. so i wouldnt hold your breath for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

The proposed DART/public transport interchange would be located at the north end of Woodbrook golf course about the same distance away from Corke Abbey as Bray DART stn (but maybe more easily accessible). Its included in the Woodbrook/Shanganagh Local Area Plan which you should probably have a full read of in total since it encompasses your new home - available here on the DLR Co Co's website).
    Now, the new 'village' envisaged in that plan was all dreamt up during the boom and they had gone as far as preparing the fields between the northern edge of Bray and Shanganagh cemetery where the new housing would gone but it has all been put on the long finger since everything went pear shaped and the fields are growing crops again. Your guess is as good as mine as to when that development will now happen. The development of the old Bray golf club lands to the south of Corke Abbey are in similar nothing-has-happened-for-years limbo.

I haven't set foot in Corke Abbey itself for a number of years but I knew it as a pretty standard semi-d suburban estate, as was the larger Woodbrook Glen next door. The Dublin Road junction can have delays at rush hour but there are (more) plans to widen the Dublin Rd to a dual carriage way and turn the Wilford roundabout (M11 junction 5) into a signalled junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭ted1

are you working in the area?

I do a bit of work in Nypro, in the industrial estate and cars from there do spill into the estate, asides from that it appears to be generic quiet estate with superquinn/valu and lidl 10 minutes walk

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Almadon

No, still going to be working in town.
    Thanks everybody for all the info , very useful as I'm not from the area.
    Looks like the 145 Bus ,or m-bike is the way to go!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Almadon

No, still going to be working in town.
    Thanks everybody for all the info , very useful as I'm not from the area.
    Looks like the 145 Bus ,or m-bike is the way to go!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement