Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do many people do Sociology in UCD

Options
  • 15-09-2013 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Could anyone tell me if a lot of people do Sociology in UCD. Like how many girls and boys do it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

It depends on the module but in general hundreds of people do Sociology.

It's probably 60% 40% in favour of girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Garda97

UCDCritic wrote: »
    It depends on the module but in general hundreds of people do Sociology.

It's probably 60% 40% in favour of girls

Thanks! Do you think it would be a good course for getting into the guards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

Garda97 wrote: »
    Thanks! Do you think it would be a good course for getting into the guards?

I honestly couldn't say, don't know anything about the guards. Sorry.

UCDCritic wrote: »
    I honestly couldn't say, don't know anything about the guards. Sorry.

Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Snako

approximately ten billion arts students

• Advertisement

Snako wrote: »
    approximately ten billion arts students

I mean in UCD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The thing about joining the Gardai at the moment is that there are so many applicants for so few places that it's about more then what your degree is in.

It's nearly a given that most applicants will have a degree so what distinuishes you more is what you're doing outside of college, membership of the Garda Reserve/Civil Defence/Reserve Defence Forces/Order of Malta etc. I believe in the future they'll be looking for applicants who have completed a first aid course, have a full driving licence etc.

They want Gardai out on the streets as quickly as possible so whatever you can do to make yourself seem like you would slip right into being a Garda the better. Even when joining the Garda Reserve they look at what you're doing in the community i.e. are you a member of the GR/RDF, Order of Malta etc. Look to join one or more of the above organisations, get a first aid certification and move towards getting your driving licence etc.

Blay wrote: »
    The thing about joining the Gardai at the moment is that there are so many applicants for so few places that it's about more then what your degree is in.

It's nearly a given that most applicants will have a degree so what distinuishes you more is what you're doing outside of college, membership of the Garda Reserve/Civil Defence/Reserve Defence Forces/Order of Malta etc. I believe in the future they'll be looking for applicants who have completed a first aid course, have a full driving licence etc.

They want Gardai out on the streets as quickly as possible so whatever you can do to make yourself seem like you would slip right into being a Garda the better. Even when joining the Garda Reserve they look at what you're doing in the community i.e. are you a member of the GR/RDF, Order of Malta etc. Look to join one or more of the above organisations, get a first aid certification and move towards getting your driving licence etc.
    Im planning on joining the RDF but I have to wait a couple of months because im not 17 yet! How do you get into it?

Advertisement