Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown devices on network!!

Options
  • 15-09-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Every time I go to my girlfriends house and check WiMAX home page there's two unknown devices and one has the same MAC address as my iphone. Is this something to worry about I changed the router password but still they connect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

I may be wrong, but I thought a MAC address was unique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Is it possible you logged on to the network, then over time your phone "forgot" the network & you had to enter the WiFi code again? Could show up as a double hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Every time I go to my girlfriends house and check WiMAX home page there's two unknown devices and one has the same MAC address as my iphone. Is this something to worry about I changed the router password but still they connect.

And one has an IP address from entirely different range? Not uncommon with phones which have GPRS enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

Well can you ping the attached ip addresses?
    If your concereded you can change the password. MACaddresses can be faced /cloned but not by the average guy next store easily

Advertisement