Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handset rental, faulty handset? Might moveback to Eircom

Options
  • 15-09-2013 7:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

I am a former Eircom customer and changed to Sky in February and I am still being charged €2.82 for the rental of my cordless handset. The handset recently went faulty and I have plugged in the original corded telephone but I want to get the handset replaced with a new working model.

Do I contact Sky or Eircom re: this issue?

On a side note I am suffering terrible contention on Sky's woeful service and I have had my 12 month contract waived and I'd happily move back to Eircom if they would do me a deal as they already hit me with a €315 fee for leaving back in February as I never knew I was in contract when I moved to Sky and I had to pay Eircom €315 despite moving to a different company (sky!), if this or part of it was credited back to the account I'd switch back to Eircom and sign up to a contract as Sky's broadband is a joke and I'd appreciate if someone in the winback team would contact me re: moving back to eircom and also advise re: the faulty headset.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Stinicker wrote: »
    I am a former Eircom customer and changed to Sky in February and I am still being charged €2.82 for the rental of my cordless handset. The handset recently went faulty and I have plugged in the original corded telephone but I want to get the handset replaced with a new working model.

Do I contact Sky or Eircom re: this issue?

On a side note I am suffering terrible contention on Sky's woeful service and I have had my 12 month contract waived and I'd happily move back to Eircom if they would do me a deal as they already hit me with a €315 fee for leaving back in February as I never knew I was in contract when I moved to Sky and I had to pay Eircom €315 despite moving to a different company (sky!), if this or part of it was credited back to the account I'd switch back to Eircom and sign up to a contract as Sky's broadband is a joke and I'd appreciate if someone in the winback team would contact me re: moving back to eircom and also advise re: the faulty headset.

Hi Stinicker

I've looked into this in detail and I can confirm my findings.

In relation to the cordless handset: As you are now with another provider you will need to contact that provider should you wish to have this rental cancelled as they will need to request eircom to remove this charge on your behalf.

I've spoke to the winback team about your query in relation to €315. Unfortunately they have advised me that they are unable to offer this amount back (or part of this amount) in accordance with industry regulations however they do feel that they would be able to offer you a very competitive price for your service should you wish to contact them on free phone 1800566366.

There are very good prices available from eircom and I would highly recommend discussing a package with the winback team before making any decision on your cordless rental.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement