Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5s availability and pre-order

• 15-09-2013 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭

With no release date for Ireland, but assuming it's in the next wave of release, how do you go about securing a phone? I've never gotten one on release before, but my phone is on the way out, so it's needed.

Can you pre-order through carriers like Vodafone and pick it up on the day, or do you have to go through Apple?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Don't think there is any info around yet. Best bet to keep and eye on the voda and CPW websites

I'm thinking of ordering it from Apple UK and using Parcel Motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Karsini wrote: »

Does that mean a long wait for it, though? Just from hearing about it over the years it can be a week or more for it. Would kind of like it asap, even if that means going through vodafone instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If you buy it on contract, you can get it on the day of release, especially if you are a new customer.

If you order sim free from Apple expect 3-4 weeks for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭theaaao

Karsini wrote: »

Whats this parcel motel business and why would I use it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Has anyone ever done this before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Just out of interest, how do you go about getting it collected from a locker and delivered to your door?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

martin_g wrote: »
    Has anyone ever done this before?

Thousands and thousands of people

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

You don't you collect it from the locker, you get a text to tell u when it's there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, how do you go about getting it collected from a locker and delivered to your door?

You go and collect it yourself, they send you on a pin so only you can open the locker in which your item is contained, there are lockers in most cities and large towns.

So you mean to tell me that I could order the iphone 5s through the UK store and get it delivered to me in ireland through the belfast depot?!

You collect it from the locker yourself. It's handy when you want something that can't be delivered to Ireland or you won't be home during the day to sign. You can collect at anytime, the lockers are open for business 24/7

theaaao wrote: »
    So you mean to tell me that I could order the iphone 5s through the UK store and get it delivered to me in ireland through the belfast depot?!

Delivered to a parcel motel locker in ROI, yes. You then have to collect it from there yourself

This is good news!

Im going to try and do this. Anyone ever tried it with the uk applestore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Does anyone know if you can order it online from 12pm tonight or 8pm in the morning from the uk site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

You collect it from the locker yourself. It's handy when you want something that can't be delivered to Ireland or you won't be home during the day to sign. You can collect at anytime, the lockers are open for business 24/7

Oh I thought I heard they also offered a service to deliver it to your house from the locker at an additional charge. Would a courier do it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Oh I thought I heard they also offered a service to deliver it to your house from the locker at an additional charge. Would a courier do it?

No, because the locker is linked to your number and you get a pin. PM have locations everywhere, there must be at least one close to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

I have used parcel motel quite a number if times with no issues!
    (But not for apple uk purchases)
    There's guys discussing this in the thread "anyone going to belfast to get iphone"

The phone is only insured up to 100euro at parcel motel!
    As for ordering from the uk site... I have just done that... Iam using a Northern Ireland address and paying with my cc!
    All seems to have gone fine.... Shipping is at present 7 to 10 working days!
    549 sterling
    Cramp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

kceire wrote: »
    No, because the locker is linked to your number and you get a pin. PM have locations everywhere, there must be at least one close to your house.

Just ordered a gold 32gb delivery in october aparantly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ordered last night. Parcel Motel, delivery between 7th to 10th of October but hopefully earlier.

I assume the Apple store in Belfast would be sold out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Some available to buy on eBay from the Uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Contemplating whether to use PM or just wait until the official Irish release

Advertisement