Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I gotten poorer or have Fitzpatrick's actually increased their prices?

Options
  • 15-09-2013 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭

Stopped for a bit of lunch there today. It's a while since I was last there and knew it wasn't cheap.

A Chicken Kiev and a pint cost me the better part of €30!

I'm not complaining about it.. as I said, I knew it was an expensive place to eat, and the food is undeniably delicious. But I don't remember it being that expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

21 flipping quid.....quality is undeniable but €21 for a chicken kiev phew..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

jesus.

Was going to go there with the missus today but we opted for jackies instead.

Two starters, two mains, one desert, two coffees, €39 quid.

I dont care how nice it is, no chicken kiev is work 21 quid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Myself and my better half got carvery in the lisdoo today. Very tasty and by God they can pile the food on!

26 quid for dinner desert and coffee for us both.

Fitzpatricks is amazing however is also WAY too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

MugMugs wrote: »
    Myself and my better half got carvery in the lisdoo today. Very tasty and by God they can pile the food on!

26 quid for dinner desert and coffee for us both.

Fitzpatricks is amazing however is also WAY too expensive.

I love the Lisdoo. Actually wanted to go there this afternoon but the other eejits weren't up for it.

I've heard some good things about Riva too but haven't had a chance to eat there yet.

• Advertisement

I love the Lisdoo. Actually wanted to go there this afternoon but the other eejits weren't up for it.

I've heard some good things about Riva too but haven't had a chance to eat there yet.

Haven't been to Riva in a while but felt it had slipped quite a bit last time I was there which was probably about a year back.

Whichever place in the Crowne Plaza that's open on a Sunday is lovely for a roast beef carvery dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

2 threads on Dundalk eateries on one evening lol great as i love grubbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

That new Blackstone place in the Lisdoo is excellent value, 25 for 4 'courses' and great portion size.
    The decor actually gave me a headache after a few pints though.

Keith wrote: »
    That new Blackstone place in the Lisdoo is excellent value, 25 for 4 'courses' and great portion size.
    The decor actually gave me a headache after a few pints though.

Sure that wasn't the pints?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

MugMugs wrote: »
    Sure that wasn't the pints?

:D it probably didnt help but theres some photos on their fb page, the place looks like a panda thats been shot.

Great food though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Keith wrote: »
    :D it probably didnt help but theres some photos on their fb page, the place looks like a panda thats been shot.

Great food though.

Jesus you're not wrong!

hFvOMCJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is that pic not photo shopped?
    The grey chair to the right does not look at all real.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Probably distortion caused by the lens, or by trying to fix the distortion caused by the lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Maybe the photo was taken in 1987.

CPL 593H

Advertisement