Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info on rates & Other chages for a small shop in wicklow town.

Options
  • 15-09-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi there, Im looking for info on renting\leasing a small shop on the main st in Wicklow town, maybe 25sq to 40 sq foot... foot,what are the rates on a renting\leasing a small shop? are there any other charges? what does a person need to do to rent\lease a shop? any info would be appreciated.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

You would be better off just going into an agent or just looking on daft for numbers on rates and rent thats all anyone can really do to get an idea of the latest sort of prices that are being looked for. In terms of what is going to be needed to get a lease its going to depend on the landlord and the agent. When I opened up my shop initially they were looking for all sorts of letters from a solicitor/doctor or someone of similar standing who would give a character reference plus letters from suppliers saying all our accounts were in good standing etc none of which we could get and the list got shorter and shorter and in the end we just got a letter from our residential landlord and showed them we had money and the lease was signed! We had a private landlord if you find a unit that is owned by a business or even worse a bank I doubt they are going to be as flexible. Also I would suggest getting a break clause in there as no matter how good you think your shop is going to be you never know whether it is going to catch on.

Advertisement