Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum speed off fibre

• 15-09-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the minimum speed to be expected I'm about 800m from cab I reckon.All I can get is up to 50mb, up to 70mb is not available to me.

Currently max my line can handle is 3mb on ordinary DSL

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

dave1982 wrote: »
    Anyone know the minimum speed to be expected I'm about 800m from cab I reckon.All I can get is up to 50mb, up to 70mb is not available to me.

Currently max my line can handle is 3mb on ordinary DSL

Thanks

im 1028M from my cabinet and sync at 50174 Kbps / 20479 Kbps so yeah thats what youll be connecting at

heres a speedtest from a few days ago when i was doing nothing on the connection, have a few comps and netflix running so one now wouldnt be of use

2950006481.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Thats a lot more that I was expecting :D

Thanks for reply with any luck I might get speeds like yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

just dont bother with eircom, it costs the most. all other companys with speeds of 70/20 resell eircoms efiber and cheaper too :D

Advertisement