Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheaper generic lightening to tv cable?

• 15-09-2013 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hi

I have bought an iPad 4 and would like to hook it up to the tv without paying €50 for an apple cable to do so :)

Does anyone know where I could purchase a generic type cable online and for cheaper? It's just for the kids.

Cheers,
    Pix

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Don't think anyone has managed to make one yet...

there a lot of electronics hidden in the plug of the cable (that I've read actually degrades slightly the quality of the picture).

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Pixied wrote: »
    Hi

I have bought an iPad 4 and would like to hook it up to the tv without paying €50 for an apple cable to do so :)

Does anyone know where I could purchase a generic type cable online and for cheaper? It's just for the kids.

Cheers,
    Pix

For €109 you better off buying Apple TV stream the ipad to your tv over wifi plus all the other bennifits of net flex, iTunes etc etc,Just bear in mind if your trying to use sky go that will not work no matter what cable you have

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pokeraladin

fox007 wrote: »
    For €109 you better off buying Apple TV stream the ipad to your tv over wifi plus all the other bennifits of net flex, iTunes etc etc,Just bear in mind if your trying to use sky go that will not work no matter what cable you have

If I hook my ipad mini , wired to my tv and I play sky go will that not show up then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

If I hook my ipad mini , wired to my tv and I play sky go will that not show up then?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pokeraladin

Nope

Have they managed to block hdmi out if I hook my nexus 7 2013 wired to my led tv.......would that work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Have they managed to block hdmi out if I hook my nexus 7 2013 wired to my led tv.......would that work?

99% sure they've blocked it. Sky won't allow any TV out function on the mobile devices. Only exception is the Xbox 360 App.

Was hoping to go down the 'Wired' route of hooking my iPad up to my TV, rather than an Apple TV. Mainly because VPNs won't play nicely with AirPlay from what I've learnt. Don't suppose its been made any easier in recent updates to the Apple TV, or iOS7??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭OU812

You've spent €400+ on the device, you really should have factored in the cable cost.

The cable converts an airplay signal to a hdmi outlet & has 2gm ram on board which is why it's so expensive.

Pick up a refurb Apple TV for about €90 and airplay to it or a second hand one for about €75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Slightly cheaper connection for playing your iPad 2&3 onto your HDTV. £22.50 with free delivery. It's a solid piece of kit too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AJ287FE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Slightly cheaper connection for playing your iPad 2&3 onto your HDTV. £22.50 with free delivery. It's a solid piece of kit too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AJ287FE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Apologies for the slight off-topic but do these still work on iOS7 though? There are plenty of 3rd Party HDMI Adapters for the iPad 2/3 but not sure how compatible they still are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Dman001 wrote: »
    Apologies for the slogjt off-yopic but do these still work on iOS7 though? There are plenty of 3rs Party HDMI Adapters for the iPad 2/3 but not sure how compatible they still are.

I can confirm that they one I linked to does, just checked it again with my iPad2 on iOS7.

• Advertisement
Advertisement