Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about using Debit Card and PayPal

Options
  • 15-09-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Can I setup PayPal with my ATM/VISA debit card and pay for things online with only this? Do I also need to setup my current account or is that only for receiving money? Can I receive money if I only setup with my ATM/VISA debit card?

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

All you need to do is link your debit card with paypal. Go to profile tab and add/edit bank account. They send a 6 digit code to you're mobile. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hal1 wrote: »
    All you need to do is link your debit card with paypal. Go to profile tab and add/edit bank account. They send a 6 digit code to you're mobile. Job done.

Did you mean goto 'Add/Edit credit card'? I have already added my debit card that way. It did not send a code to my mobile phone though, it sent a test amount to my online current account for me to confirm.

Must my current account also be linked to PayPal or am I all set with only Debit Card?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That's it, you're all set man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hal1 wrote: »
    That's it, you're all set man.

Cheers Hal1.

Advertisement