Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend somewhere to get blinds in NCD

Options
  • 15-09-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking to get new blinds in my kitchen and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Place I got the old ones from has gone bust.

Preferably somewhere open on a Saturday so I don't have to take time off work, or someone who will call out of an evening or weekend with a sample book.

Looking for something patterned too, not plain white/cream.

I know McFaddens in Balbriggan do blinds, so will pop in on Saturday, but can anyone recommend anywhere else?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Myself and my brother have both used BG Blinds in skerries. They are beside the monument.

Mine are over ten years old, we had to get one repaired last year and it was no problem, think it cost 10 euro to repair.

I can't remember what they cost originally but I seem to remember an ad I saw of theirs in the local paper this month of a discount if you buy 3 or more blinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

+1 for BG blinds. They were reliable, came when they said they would, and did a good job.

If you have roller blinds they will use the old rollers and just replace the fabric - which will save you a few euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

thanks! looking to get verticals for the kitchen patio door and the recess fit ones for the kitchen window, so will have to get totally new blinds. Don't want to pay a fortune though!
    thanks for the recommendations, will check them out.

Anyone know of anywhere else? or even in Drogheda/ Santry/Coolock??

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

thanks! looking to get verticals for the kitchen patio door and the recess fit ones for the kitchen window, so will have to get totally new blinds. Don't want to pay a fortune though!
    thanks for the recommendations, will check them out.

Anyone know of anywhere else? or even in Drogheda/ Santry/Coolock??

ta

Cant recommend Joey and East Coast blinds in Lusk enough.
    He works out of his van so doesnt have a retail shop so he is much cheaper
    website at http://www.eastcoastblinds.net/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'd recommend Bay Blinds in Malahide, they supplied and fitted our blinds. They cover all areas, are reasonably priced and do a great job http://www.bayblinds.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cant recommend Joey and East Coast blinds in Lusk enough.
    He works out of his van so doesnt have a retail shop so he is much cheaper
    website at http://www.eastcoastblinds.net/

Used him ourselves a few years back and cant complain with price or quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Unshelved wrote: »
    +1 for BG blinds. They were reliable, came when they said they would, and did a good job.

If you have roller blinds they will use the old rollers and just replace the fabric - which will save you a few euros.

Another +1 here

Advertisement