Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair fare history

Options
  • 15-09-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Is there any website tracing history of airlines ticket prices ? I need Ryanair but wonder if any such website exist? Something like http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/
    for Amazon?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

On any given flight there's probably 101 different fares, that's why they say you should never ask your fellow passenger how much he paid for his seat because chances are he paid less than you.

So I can't see that it would be practical to compile a history of fares. Seat prices change by the minute depending on how many seats are left, how long it is before the flight and whether high demand can be forecast long in advance like seats to Manchester on Saturdays when Man Utd are playing at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

I wouldn't agree - I am tracing few tickets for xmas holiday and they still as stone. But it would be easier if some script on some website would do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

zom wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree - I am tracing few tickets for xmas holiday and they still as stone. But it would be easier if some script on some website would do it for me.

Too many combinations and prices of flights are variable based a number of factors.

Nothing like amazon at all.

I'm sure amazon have more items than Ryanair flights. Even Ryanair and Aerlingus together.
    But something must happened because Ryanair put this stupit captcha on their booking website.

I'm sure amazon have more items than Ryanair flights. Even Ryanair and Aerlingus together.

Amazon don't change their prices several times a day.
    But something must happened because Ryanair put this stupit captcha on their booking website.

That's to stop screen-scrapers - automated travel websites selling Ryanair seats.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    automated travel websites selling Ryanair seats.

Do you have any details? I tried to google it but found only tons of websites about how "Ryanair tricking passengers into paying more than necessary"?

Do you have any details? I tried to google it but found only tons of websites about how "Ryanair tricking passengers into paying more than necessary"?

Google 'ryanair screen scraping', plenty of legal and news articles about it.

Example below from Matheson, Ormsby & Prentice, one of the so-called 'Big 5' legal firms in Ireland....

http://208.254.39.65/mop/e_article001201408.cfm?x=b11

Thanks for the link. All this screen scraping confuse me totally - how anyone can complain if someone else is selling his goods? It could be unwanted if they sell Aerlingus instead. I can understand issue with fare comparing sites - they help people to find cheaper tickets and somehow make Ryanair incomes lower. But not really get issue with tickets.

Advertisement