Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else downloading GTAV from PSN Store?

• 15-09-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

I popped in Red Dead Redemption last night to console myself for a while after hearing about some people getting their copies early. Not jealous at all.
    Then the nightmare happened. My disc drive packed in. (I had a horrible feeling it was on the way out recently) .... MY LIFE WAS RUINED!!

Then someone over on the main GTA thread told me I could download it on PSN. Life back on track!

So are there many more of you out there that have opted for the download?
    If so, why did you go that route rather than get a hard copy?

Can I expect it to run a little quieter and there's no disc to spin?

I have to say though, I'll miss the new game plastic wrapper and booklet smell... And map to look at while having my pre-game shíte!

Ps. I'd appreciate nobody telling my 8 month pregnant girlfriend that a broken PS3 was enough to "ruin my life"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I popped in Red Dead Redemption last night to console myself for a while after hearing about some people getting their copies early. Not jealous at all.
    Then the nightmare happened. My disc drive packed in. (I had a horrible feeling it was on the way out recently) .... MY LIFE WAS RUINED!!

Then someone over on the main GTA thread told me I could download it on PSN. Life back on track!

So are there many more of you out there that have opted for the download? As you already know, me :)
    If so, why did you go that route rather than get a hard copy?
    Laziness, was able to afford the extra money, laziness. The ability to put it on a 2nd PS3 is also useful if you've 2 PS3s in the house
    Can I expect it to run a little quieter and there's no disc to spin?
    Possibly. It'll still generate a fair amount of heat which will make the fan speed up to cool down the inards.
    I have to say though, I'll miss the new game plastic wrapper and booklet smell... And map to look at while having my pre-game shíte!
    Ditto. The map is the thing I'll miss most. I used to hang them on the little piece of wall under my tv so I could study it as I played.
    Ps. I'd appreciate nobody telling my 8 month pregnant girlfriend that a broken PS3 was enough to "ruin my life" I'll keep schtum

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

Haha sickner that it packed it in mate. Laughed at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭circadian

Haha sickner that it packed it in mate. Laughed at

Jute.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are you able to play it now so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

Your girlfriend knows that your GTA life will be over as we know it in one more month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

That's my worst nightmare right now, but in Xbox terms. My Xbox is as old as the hills, bought it soon after its release, and it has been going strong for the whole duration but now I'm scared it might fu*k up and RROD just before GTA.

It's that old it doesn't even have a HDMI port. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

anyone know what time you can download and play it at? will it be early or late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

anyone know what time you can download and play it at? will it be early or late?

You can download it now, and it'll be playable tonight at 1am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Socrates

My disc drive broke ages ago so I was always planning on downloading it.

Didn't realise so much space was needed for it though so now I'll have to get a bigger hard drive first before I get it.

Hope to be playing by Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Am I reading it right... 36GB of space needed to install?

Jesus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Jesus!

Nope, think its 18GB, open to correction though...

You need double the memory of whatever file you're downloading. URL is indeed correct, you need 36GB free to download it. When it's installed, the file size is 18GB however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

That's my worst nightmare right now, but in Xbox terms. My Xbox is as old as the hills, bought it soon after its release, and it has been going strong for the whole duration but now I'm scared it might fu*k up and RROD just before GTA.

It's that old it doesn't even have a HDMI port. :pac:

God help you :D

Lucky me I've got a Jasper version that doesn't get the RROD :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Pov06 wrote: »
    God help you :D

Lucky me I've got a Jasper version that doesn't get the RROD :D

Don't jinx yourself, its an old Xbox, russian roulette.... :D

Jesus!

18GB to download and then 18GB to install, after the game is installed it deletes the download so you just need 36GB while downloading and installing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Varik wrote: »
    You can download it now, and it'll be playable tonight at 1am

1am?? What? I was expecting 12am.

I thought the delay from "spring 2013" to September was bad, but this latest delay is horrendous. Deal breaker!!! :eek:

1am?? What? I was expecting 12am.

I thought the delay from "spring 2013" to September was bad, but this latest delay is horrendous. Deal breaker!!! :eek:

it's 12am GMT which is 1am now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

it's 12am GMT which is 1am now.

What an odd time to unlock, why GMT? There's nowhere in the EU that's on GMT at the minute? Does that mean that mainland Europe are stuck waiting until 2am or 3am?

Any source for that Varik?

Edit

Also, Rockstar have used British standard Time for any comms around the EU PSN release which hopefully means 12am for us and 1AM for most of Europe.
    Otherwise I AM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND AND GO BESERK! (Or just have another beer and watch some TV until whenever it unlocks.)

rockstar-upset.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭CurtisBoylan

I've heard its playable at 12, says 12 on my download too.

I've heard its playable at 12, says 12 on my download too.

On the GTA V icon on the XMB, press triangle and it'll tell you when its active. 1 am for me.

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    On the GTA V icon on the XMB, press triangle and it'll tell you when its active. 1 am for me.

Checked, it says 12.

Just discovered the issue, PSN thinks Dublin is on GMT +0, if you update time via internet you'll notice it sets it to dublin, and it's a hour behind. Maybe it'll unlock at 12 because of this? At-least that's what I'm hoping or i'll be dead in school tomorrow!

Still says 1 for me. Not fussed tbh, I've waited 5 years... I can wait the extra hour.

Going from past experience from last year when I got Borderlands it'll be 1am.

I think it was twitter from the EU ps blog saying 1am as well.

I think it was twitter from the EU ps blog saying 1am as well.

Looks like I'll be falling asleep in class tomorrow then! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I see there is no list of games now in the PS Store for the 75% discount, I guess I am too late for that deal?

Pangea wrote: »
    I see there is no list of games now in the PS Store for the 75% discount, I guess I am too late for that deal?

I don't think there ever was a list. Just look up a game developed by Rockstar, and it should ask you to "select a version". One will be the full price, the other takes into account the 75%.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

List is still there.

I don't think there ever was a list. Just look up a game developed by Rockstar, and it should ask you to "select a version". One will be the full price, the other takes into account the 75%.

The past few days when I clicked into GTA V bundle, it showed up a page with all rockstar games, and said to return to that page once I bought the Game to avail of the voucher, funnily enough its just showing GTA V at the moment for me and the list is gone.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    List is still there.
    The past few days when I clicked into GTA V bundle, it showed up a page with all rockstar games, and said to return to that page once I bought the Game to avail of the voucher, funnily enough its just showing GTA V at the moment for me and the list is gone.

My mistake. It would appear that I do require new glasses :(

Regardless of what I said in my last post, I just tried what you said, and it works.
    Just purchased GTA V and tried what you said, discount showing up! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

downloading mine, 37%...

was reading news about xbox play disc install problem, hope ps3 version will be alright

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

m_hunter wrote: »
    downloading mine, 37%...

was reading news about xbox play disc install problem, hope ps3 version will be alright

Got a corrupt file on my second d/l.
    Read on here that it happened to someone else too.

finger cross.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Ah Jaysus. :(

50% down

• Advertisement

Try turning SPI off on your router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

How much with the discount is it on PSN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I updated my time settings on the PS and when I check the info from the download it gives me a 1am unlock time so I reckon you're spot on there.

Ah well, that's one less hour I have to play it, and tonight is probably the only time I'll have to play it for a LONG time...bringing my wife and newborn son home from the hospital tomorrow :)

Timing eh?

shanered wrote: »

The discount is after you but GTA V, you use it on one of their other games and it's 75% off (may be a pre-order bonus only)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

31% downloading now. I'll have to leave it overnight. Hopefully it's ok. :)

• Advertisement

shanered wrote: »

Game is €69.99. You can't use the discount on GTA V, only other Rockstar developed games. Be a bit stupid otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Ahhh, i see, didnt get that, cheers for.clearing that up

You get a free blimp though. :pac:

Dord wrote: »
    You get a free blimp though. :pac:

that's for all pre order, but the eu psn version is over priced compare to UK and US...

Only good is no disc sound... mine ps3 is like jet engine...

True. Although, I hope we won't have similar issues from the PS3 download as the issues with Xbox install of the 2nd disk. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

64% now. Seems to have slowed a bit. :(

Any idea how long the install is?

64% now. Seems to have slowed a bit. :(

Any idea how long the install is?

Took me about 15/20 minutes

Dord wrote: »
    True. Although, I hope we won't have similar issues from the PS3 download as the issues with Xbox install of the 2nd disk. :(

think we will, seems gta v need both disc and disk for streaming to milk current gen...

unless they did different thing on PS3, but PS3's cpu supposed to be better than xbox360, maybe we got better texture decompression ratio since PS3 are rumored to be the default dev platfrom... I can not even convinced myself :o

Lot of folk on twitter saying the psn store was hacked and they are downloading GTA V for free.
    I doubt that, I think you can download it for free, but you need to have funds in your wallet by release time for it to work.

65% now. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement